Drag&Drop

This forum is for discussions regarding all aspects of Motorola radio programming, including hardware, computers, installation and use of RSS/CPS, firmware upgrades, and troubleshooting. There are subforums for discussions of codeplugs, and also for software/firmware release notes and issues.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

tea_rfh
New User

Drag&Drop

Post by tea_rfh »

Am I missing something? I've been programming XTS3000 w/CPS a few years and now we have XTS2500 models also--is there a way to get the 3000 codeplug into the 2500 Astro25 software w/o making extensive changes with the new format (frequencies in the channel lists rather than personalities?).
Bruce1807

Re: Drag&Drop

Post by Bruce1807 »

you should be able to drag and drop some of the parameters from radio to radio.
You can also make channel pick lists and use them
akardam

Post by akardam »

Moving a codeplug from an Astro radio to an Astro25 radio using drag and drop is fairly straightforward - that is, until it comes to frequencies. Since, as you discovered, Astro25 radios no longer store the frequency info in conventional personalities, but in the Zone/Channel screen, you can't do a direct drag and drop.

Never fear, however, because there's a utility to help assist you converting Astro to Astro25 frequencies. As referenced in this thread:

http://batboard.batlabs.com/viewtopic.php?t=61425

It can be found here:

http://www.akardam.net/moto/aa25convert.pl

Follow the directions, and you should be set. Most everything else in the radio can be dragged and dropped - obviously there's some differences between the fields of the different codeplugs, but for the most part they're minor and easy to tweak once you're done.
tea_rfh
New User

Post by tea_rfh »

thank you! I figured someone else had run into somewhere.

Return to “Radio Programming”