Visar Gang Charger

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

3-SAM-12
Batboard $upporter

Visar Gang Charger

Post by 3-SAM-12 »

Hello Board,

Do the Visar radios fit in the HT/MTSX gang charger? Model # NTN1177C, if not what model would I need
txshooter

Re: Visar Gang Charger

Post by txshooter »

Nope, and I never saw a hang charger for them. Not sure they made one, correct me if I am wrong.

The dual charger was enough for most people.
Scott B.
"Never argue with seven men when you are carrying a six shooter..."
3-SAM-12
Batboard $upporter

Post by 3-SAM-12 »

Well I was looking around "The Bay" and this seller is selling a set, here is his photo, I think they are too fat for the Ht1000 chargers, but I can not find a model # for a gang charger for them.

txshooter

Post by txshooter »

If they made it, I never saw one. Maybe he has put them in a HT600 Charger? I can't believe I never saw one if they made it. I worked closely with another agency that for sometime had a fleet of Visars.....Not one Gang charger!!!
Scott B.
"Never argue with seven men when you are carrying a six shooter..."
ham_man

Post by ham_man »

Hi fellows, yes Moto made a visar 6-gang charger, we use it daily for our visar's. It looks like the picture above. In Europe the model no. is NTN7622, but sorry i don't know the model no. for other countries (they might differ). I just tried if a slim NiMh visar battery without radio fits into a Jedi gang-charger NTN1177"A"-version or "C"-version. It doesn't slide in easy because there are about 1- 2 mm of plastic profile at both sides of the pockets to hold the Jedi batteries. The contacts are at the same place, many parts inside, the powersupply and the outer cover of both gang-chargers are the same. With some more pressure i can crush the visar-battery in the pocket and the red LED indicates that the charging is in progess. So believe it could be possible to use the Jedi-charger. If you have a jedi charger over you can cut away a litle of the plastic and take something to press the visar battery against the contacts of the charger. Other way you purchase the part where
the 6 batteries come in and mount it in your jedi charger. I have attached a picture which shows the different form of both charging pockets. This would be a real homebrewn construction - hihi. --- > And you do it on your own risk!!!!!

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”