Radius mic question

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

jrm5265
Batboard $upporter

Radius mic question

Post by jrm5265 »

I have M1225 and SM120 mobiles can anybody tell me what model# mic is the right one , ive got one that the metal hangup thing on mike, gets REAL hot whats causing thats
Ive got a couple of extra mics but I wanna run the right one
I know theres several part# mics that will fit but I woould like to know THE right part# mic
Joe
MetroMan

Re: Radius mic question

Post by MetroMan »

I believe they both came with the HMN3174B mic.
Rich
jrm5265
Batboard $upporter

Post by jrm5265 »

the ones u have are hmn4057 black ones? or some number similar to that
jrm5265
Batboard $upporter

Post by jrm5265 »

does anybody know why the metal back part of mic is getting red hot "like RF" hot when your transmitting if you hold your hand in a way where the metal touches the back of mic itll make u throw the mic down
I think Ive got 2 doing that?
486dx4

Post by 486dx4 »

One thing that may be the cause is poor RF grounding of some sort when you TX. The RF may be finding ground through your hand because it can't find it anywhere else. For the two units that are doing this are you using the same antenna and feedline setup? If you use another antenna and feedline setup does the problem go away? Its just a guess.....

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”