HT1250 won't power up after codeplug write fail

This forum is for discussions regarding all aspects of Motorola radio programming, including hardware, computers, installation and use of RSS/CPS, firmware upgrades, and troubleshooting. There are subforums for discussions of codeplugs, and also for software/firmware release notes and issues.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

ShmrockMike
New User

HT1250 won't power up after codeplug write fail

Post by ShmrockMike »

I needed to update a few frequiencies on my HT1250 and when i attempted to write the codeplug to the radio, the radio displayed "PROGRAM" and computer said "CODEPLUG WRITE FAILED" and now my radio won't power up when I turn it on. Can anyone give me a rough diagnosis or an opinion on if i should send it in to a tech, or is the radio dead. Thanks
ShmrockMike
New User

Re: HT1250 won't power up after codeplug write fail

Post by ShmrockMike »

ShmrockMike wrote:I needed to update a few frequiencies on my HT1250 and when i attempted to write the codeplug to the radio, the radio displayed "PROGRAM" and computer said "CODEPLUG WRITE FAILED" and now my radio won't power up when I turn it on. Can anyone give me a rough diagnosis or an opinion on if i should send it in to a tech, or is the radio dead. Thanks
Also I just attempted to update some frequiencies on my CDM1250 UHF and it gave me the same "WRITE FAILED" message and now my radio is displaying "EEPRM CS ERROR". I don't think my computer/software is completly to blame. I put in a codeplug on a new HT750 i just recieved and updated another HT750.
Andreas
What radios do you own?: radios

Post by Andreas »

Try to program it again.If this will not work get the homemade lab upgradetool and fix it.
I hope you have a copy of the tuning data.

Andreas
jwb8734
What radios do you own?: To many Motorola and Vertex

Post by jwb8734 »

Program it with a Codeplug that you had from before it cause it to give you the CS Error.

I programmed mine with a Moto Ribless and worked find ever since.

I even sent it to a Moto Dealer and they said they would need to send it to Mother Moto.

If you do a search on CS ERROR I'm sure you will find the same answer. Good Luck.
a_j_b
What radios do you own?: HT1550XLS, CDM1550LS+, MTS2000

Post by a_j_b »

I would definetly take a look at the quality of the equipment being used to connect your radios to the PC. If you've bricked two in a row there may be a bad cable in there somewhere.

There are a few tricks to getting a corrupted EEPROM resolved at home. Like the other poster said, search the forums for EEPROM CS (you'll even find a thread from me, same problem on a CDM).

For your CDM, DO NOT program it at the control head if it has a remote kit installed. Use the 20pin in the back of the radio.
Public Safety & LMR RF Systems Engineer
EPC_1111
What radios do you own?: More than you could imagine

Post by EPC_1111 »

Where can I find the warris lab tool? Im having the EEPRM CS Error on a uhf 1250, model AAH25RDH9AA6AN
antennas require holes anything else ruins performance and looks lame
a_j_b
What radios do you own?: HT1550XLS, CDM1550LS+, MTS2000

Post by a_j_b »

EPC_1111 wrote:Where can I find the warris lab tool? Im having the EEPRM CS Error on a uhf 1250, model AAH25RDH9AA6AN
That would be something you would need to get through Motorola but to my knowledge there isn't a 'lab' tool for that series. The only software that I'm able to see as a dealer/depot is the CPS, Global Tuner, and firmware.
Public Safety & LMR RF Systems Engineer
EPC_1111
What radios do you own?: More than you could imagine

Post by EPC_1111 »

Ive got the cps and firmware stuff, but I am getting tired of blasting this radio.
antennas require holes anything else ruins performance and looks lame
AEC
No Longer Registered

Post by AEC »

EEPROM CS error is the codeplug checksum...something went afoul during programming, and it is not hard to overcome.

Most of the time, a simple codeplug rewrite is in order and this usually cures the trouble.

Chek your cables for a break in the data line, or a hardware conflict with your computer.

Return to “Radio Programming”