Amplified Speaker

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

MetroMan

Amplified Speaker

Post by MetroMan »

Has anyone found a suitable replacement for the Motorola YSN4007A weatherproof amplified speaker? Current list is $745! Looking for something a little more realistic.

Rich
Rich
Bat2way

Re: Amplified Speaker

Post by Bat2way »

Depending on your actual Wattage need vs price, Tessco has a Speco Technologies Amplified PA Horn (10 Watts) that lists at $85.75, part number 23342.
MetroMan

Post by MetroMan »

Thanks. Used one of those a couple years ago and had some issues but looks like there aren't many options out there. I'll get one in and try it.
Rich
ems-280
New User

Post by ems-280 »

anyone know a way how to regulate the volume of an amplified speaker to make it so that the volume is not the same as the internal speaker but is lower?

we had to disconnect the speaker in our bay because the neighbors got pissed cuz it was too loud, so i want to make the volume of the external speaker lower than what the vol on the radio is set to.

we're working with a CDM-1550 here.
bnn121

Post by bnn121 »

ems-280 wrote:anyone know a way how to regulate the volume of an amplified speaker to make it so that the volume is not the same as the internal speaker but is lower?

we had to disconnect the speaker in our bay because the neighbors got pissed cuz it was too loud, so i want to make the volume of the external speaker lower than what the vol on the radio is set to.

If the audio coming from the CDM1550 is not controlled by the radios volume adjust. You can go to Radio Shack and pick up one of those In-line Volume Attenuators. Its just a wall plate with a knob in the middle. That way you can adjust your external speakers audio level.
ems-280
New User

Post by ems-280 »

bnn121 wrote:
ems-280 wrote:anyone know a way how to regulate the volume of an amplified speaker to make it so that the volume is not the same as the internal speaker but is lower?

If the audio coming from the CDM1550 is not controlled by the radios volume adjust. You can go to Radio Shack and pick up one of those In-line Volume Attenuators. Its just a wall plate with a knob in the middle. That way you can adjust your external speakers audio level.
Thanks BNN.
That's actually what i had in mind.

-Parker
nmfire10
Batboard $upporter

Post by nmfire10 »

bnn121 wrote:If the audio coming from the CDM1550 is not controlled by the radios volume adjust. You can go to Radio Shack and pick up one of those In-line Volume Attenuators. Its just a wall plate with a knob in the middle. That way you can adjust your external speakers audio level.
Actually, that depends on how you hook it up. If you connect it to the EXTERNAL SPEAKER pins, then yes it will be controlled by the volume control knob. If you connect it to the FLAT AUDIO OUT pin, then it will be a constant level.

What you should do it connect it to FLAT AUDIO OUT (Pin 11). In the CPS under accessory configuration, set the RX AUDIO TYPE for FILTERED. With that, you will have constant level, normal audio out of the radio. Then use a local volume knob to control the speaker in the bay.
"I'll eat you like a plate of bacon and eggs in the morning. "
- Some loser on rr.com

eBay at it's finest:
Me: "What exactly is a 900Mhz UHF CB?"
Them: "A very nice CB at 900Mhz speed!"

:-?

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”