XTS 3000 Programming help

This forum is dedicated to discussions pertaining specifically to the Motorola ASTRO line of radios (those that use VSELP/IMBE/AMBE), including using digital modulation, digital programming, FlashPort upgrades, etc. If you have general questions please use the General or Programming forums.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

scanner4
New User

XTS 3000 Programming help

Post by scanner4 »

I have an XTS-3000 model number H09RDC9PW5BN and using CPS 05.02.00.

Now here is my problem, I can read & write the FIRST Conventional Presonality and can read the SECOND Personailty but I can't write to it and the older personailty is still there and transmite on the older personality but if you read the radio again it show the NEW personailty but the radio transmits the older personality????????
Last edited by txshooter on Thu Mar 20, 2008 5:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: corrected subject, xts300 to xts3000
wavetar
Administrator

Re: XTS 300 Programming help

Post by wavetar »

You must add the new personality to the zone/channel assignment screen.

Todd
No trees were harmed in the posting of this message...however an extraordinarily large number of electrons were horribly inconvenienced.

Welcome to the /\/\achine.
scanner4
New User

Post by scanner4 »

wavetar wrote:You must add the new personality to the zone/channel assignment screen.

Todd
I did that and everything like I was too do..
Lets make sure everyone understands what my problem is.(not saying you don't but sometimes I type and sound like a three year old)

I can program the frist channel/personality just fine and radio works like it should.
now when I program #2 and put in lets say" 443.1000/448.1000 pl 114.8 (ok are we on the same page so far)and send it to the radio and everything goes fine,no error messages.

Now the fun part, I turn the radio back on go to Ch #1 and it works like it should, Ch#2 now is transmiting on 449.9500 with a pl 162.5 ( not what I put in 443.1000/448.1000) now I read the codeplug again and it shows 443.1000/448.1000 Pl 114.8

Now I saved the codeplug before sending it to the radio and when I checked it again I did a fresh read of the radio, I have never had this problem with any of my /\/\ radios before
akardam

Post by akardam »

scanner4 wrote:
wavetar wrote:You must add the new personality to the zone/channel assignment screen.

Todd
I did that and everything like I was too do..
Lets make sure everyone understands what my problem is.(not saying you don't but sometimes I type and sound like a three year old)

I can program the frist channel/personality just fine and radio works like it should.
now when I program #2 and put in lets say" 443.1000/448.1000 pl 114.8 (ok are we on the same page so far)and send it to the radio and everything goes fine,no error messages.

Now the fun part, I turn the radio back on go to Ch #1 and it works like it should, Ch#2 now is transmiting on 449.9500 with a pl 162.5 ( not what I put in 443.1000/448.1000) now I read the codeplug again and it shows 443.1000/448.1000 Pl 114.8

Now I saved the codeplug before sending it to the radio and when I checked it again I did a fresh read of the radio, I have never had this problem with any of my /\/\ radios before
Yes, and what Todd is trying to tell you and what I will second here is that you have to go into the Zone Channel page and assign Conventional Personality 2 to Zone 1 Channel 2 slot if that's where you want it. Just because the channel is in a particular Conventional Personality slot doesn't mean that it will automagically appear in a particular Zone Channel slot.
OCSD117
was RPDM313
What radios do you own?: XTL2500, APX3000, APX7000

Post by OCSD117 »

could the radio be in scan with scan revert enabled so it always goes back to channel one on scan?
Carlwood Lipton: [real life interview with Lipton where he recites a quote from William Shakespeare] From this day to the ending of the world we in it shall be remembered. We lucky few, we band of brothers. For he who today sheds his blood with me shall be my brother.
Napalm

Re: XTS 3000 Programming help

Post by Napalm »

Check out the talkaround field.
scanner4
New User

Re: XTS 3000 Programming help

Post by scanner4 »

Got the problem fixed with what I would call a ZERO codeplug.

Everything was taken back to like a new radio fresh from the big /\/\ and now everything is working fine and like it should,

now what I need to learn more about is this MODAT stuff( can we say "oh what fun") anyway thanks for the help and support and I'm sure I'll be back to ask more questions about this and other radios that I have.

Starting a whole XTS series and CDM series radios clloection( so far I have two CDM-1250's and two CDM-1550 and three XTS radio (2-XTS3000 and 1 XTS 3500)

Once again THANKS for the help (you guys rock)

Return to “Legacy Batboard Motorola ASTRO (VSELP/IMBE/AMBE) Equipment Forum”