VHF Saber RX preamp-module

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

Keygun

VHF Saber RX preamp-module

Post by Keygun »

Hi.

Has anybody ever seen a VHF Saber with build in RX-preamp? According to the service-manual, it is possible to replace the
RX input-filter with an module, which contains an additional small amplifier (one stage, i guess). I have never encountered such an beast, even i had my hands on a lot of analog Sabers. RX-sensitivity should be a dream when using some db of amplification.....

Keygun
AEC
No Longer Registered

Re: VHF Saber RX preamp-module

Post by AEC »

That module is called the high sensitivity receiver option, and it does exist, although very rare.

I've seen ONE example since they came out...good luck finding one.
Keygun

Re: VHF Saber RX preamp-module

Post by Keygun »

Did you had the opportunity to check it on a service monitor? I bet, the sensitivity is out of this world.

Reminds me of the good old MX300 VHF with the same option: The most sensitive VHF handhelds in my Moto-collection. It seems, a DSP is not necessary to build an outstanding radio....

Regards

Keygun

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”