operating a code synthesizer II ?

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

batman21

operating a code synthesizer II ?

Post by batman21 »

Does anyone know how to operate one of these? In "Single" mode, it seems to always put out 1000 hz, and if you press a number it pulses that many times. I thought you could enter in a frequency like a PL freq and it would send it. In 2 tone mode, it always seems to send the same 2 tones. Any help appreciated!
Alan

Post by Alan »

Iwould have to check the manual at work for specific info, but here it goes from memory (may be wrong).

For 2-tone mode you enter tone A and press "store" "1". Then enter tone B and press "store" "2". Then press SEND.

For single tone it will be "store" "0" or "store" "1"
DJP126
What radios do you own?: What's a radio?

Post by DJP126 »

The pulsing made it convenient for the old 2805 signalling phone system. To program in single tone, enter frequency then press "Store" then "0".
Dave
N4UMJ

Post by N4UMJ »

Thanks Alan!

I just got one of these a while back off ebay and have been confounded by it also. Now with your help I have the single and two tone figured out.

The one here is a Model R-1151A and I got it mainly to test out the QCII function on the Sabers and the CTCSS/DCS also.

I am not sure how to set the DCS (DPL?) on the R-1151A either since I am without a manual. It seems to use a different output connector as well. Lots of button pushing but nothing showing on the scope for the DPL output. I must be doing something wrong.

Any clues on that?

Also I found nothing in the way of an online manual on this beast on the internet either.

Thanks,
Eddie
N4UMJ
DJP126

Post by DJP126 »

The analog signals come out of the banana connectors, the digital signals from the BNC.

Check your PM Eddie.
Dave
Mikey
What radios do you own?: CDM1550 LS+, HT1250, MCS2000

Code Synthesizer

Post by Mikey »

I too Have a Code Synthesizer II and am looking for an Owners manual. If you run across one let me know if i can get a copy of it from you. Thanks

Mikey
Alan

Post by Alan »

If you PM me with your e-mail address I will send some info from the manual.
It might be 2 megs in size so let me know if that is a problem.

Alan
DJP126

Post by DJP126 »

Manual part number (once again) 68 80310B03, cost is a very pricy (tongue firmly in cheek) $5.30 at Motorola parts.
Dave
N4UMJ

Post by N4UMJ »

Thanks for that Part Number and info Dave.......

I went to the Motorola Site before posting the previous message but was unable to turn anything up on it. Then again I don't have the Motorola Access setup either. Sure miss the old days when I did.

I'm amazed at some of the lower priced manuals with Motorola.

Eddie
N4UMJ
Big Blue TO/\/\
Batboard $upporter

Synth manual

Post by Big Blue TO/\/\ »

I began a similar thread a while back. I now have 3 manuals, by the luck of the draw. paid for 1, and rcvd 2 from wonderful bat-labers. I can part with 1 via SASE (large manilla, about a buck or so in stamps)
PM me if you need one.

Tom
KE4RXM
You don't drink beer? Use Motorola RSS, you WILL soon...

PLEASE use EMAIL over PM. Much Easier for Me. Thanx!
goblue

Re: operating a code synthesizer II ?

Post by goblue »

Hello,

I'm also looking for the Motorola Code Synthesizer ll manual....or some info on how to program it to test page on 1600 baud 3200 baud and 6400 baud...for flex

I thought it was 7 store 0 0 store 4....1 store 4 and 2 store 4....also....is it 8 store 0 for alpha

any help would be great....Thanks
DJP126

Post by DJP126 »

goblue wrote:Hello,

I'm also looking for the Motorola Code Synthesizer ll manual....or some info on how to program it to test page on 1600 baud 3200 baud and 6400 baud...for flex

I thought it was 7 store 0 0 store 4....1 store 4 and 2 store 4....also....is it 8 store 0 for alpha

any help would be great....Thanks
Actually, the R1150 manual won't do you any good for testing flex pagers. What you need is the update or addendum for the R1151. Unfortunately, I never used the flex testing procedures. I was out of the test equipment service area doing computer support and administration duties when flex came out so I don't know what the sequence you need is. Perhaps if someone has the manual update, they could scan a copy of the flex programming and e-mail it to you.
Dave
goblue

Post by goblue »

Thanks....
ai4vj
New User

Post by ai4vj »

Are all versions of the Code Syntheiszer II capable of doing Flex or was it a firmware upgrade? How does its feature set and usability compare with the Ramsey PE-6400?

?

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”