ASTRO XTL5000 Consolette

This forum is for discussions regarding all aspects of Motorola radio programming, including hardware, computers, installation and use of RSS/CPS, firmware upgrades, and troubleshooting. There are subforums for discussions of codeplugs, and also for software/firmware release notes and issues.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

pluto1914
Batboard $upporter
What radios do you own?: A few APXs

ASTRO XTL5000 Consolette

Post by pluto1914 »

I am trying to program an ASTRO XTL5000 Consolette with the front accessory port. I changed the CPS option to the com port. I get an error message that says "Radio Failed to Acknowledge Error Context: 24 Status: c0000386". Do I need to do something special for the consolette?

Thanks,

David
Mfire39
What radios do you own?: APX

Re: ASTRO XTL5000 Consolette

Post by Mfire39 »

Are you using the correct programming cable?

-Marc
Stupidity creates job security!

If your radio has old firmware, programming it with the latest CPS will not add any new features unless you have the latest firmware to match..

CPS = Customer Programming Software, Not CPS Software.
pluto1914
Batboard $upporter
What radios do you own?: A few APXs

Post by pluto1914 »

I am using a HKN6155A.

David
Firebuff66
NOT ALLOWED TO BUY/SELL/TRADE

Post by Firebuff66 »

XTL5000 Consolettes program with the port on the radio not the head.
You have to open the console and its on the front of the radio above the 25 pin conections
RKG

Post by RKG »

The XTL5000 Consolette can be programmed via the data connector on the rear of the radio, using the "data cable."

We have a bunch of these that are more or less permanently mounted in a console stack. Removing the consolette in order to open the case in order to get access to the rear of the radio deck is, at best, frustrating, so what we did was to mill a small slot on the back of the plastic consolette case and permanently install a "data" cable on each radio. These drape down far enough to be accessible via the cabinet door under the writing surface.

So far as I am aware, no XTL Consolette can be programmed via the control head mike connector.
AEC
No Longer Registered

Post by AEC »

Firebuff66 is correct, you can't program the XTL5K from the front, it can only be done from the back of the radio.
Especially if the consolette also has the TRC board installed for two/four wire remote operation, then the control head cabling routes to the TRC and the radio and head on the front panel of the station.
I take it your setup also has the clock and the bar VU meter on the front.

As a side note, watch the stress placed on the adaptor cable as it breaks off at the rear panel easily.
Good cable and 'N' connector, just crappy plastic retaining it..WTF?

Assembled by Apple...all plastic, all the time, and NO shielding either!
MotoFAN
What radios do you own?: Approx. 50: Moto & Kenwood

Post by MotoFAN »

RKG wrote:The XTL5000 Consolette can be programmed via the data connector on the rear of the radio, using the "data cable."
What is the P/N on this cable (I mean rear connector programming)?
I am biggest fan of XTS2500 and ASTRO Digital Saber.
MotoFAN
What radios do you own?: Approx. 50: Moto & Kenwood

Post by MotoFAN »

HKN6160?
I am biggest fan of XTS2500 and ASTRO Digital Saber.

Return to “Radio Programming”