MW800 Drivers and Utilities

This forum is dedicated to the general computer related issues we all come across on a daily basis, such as e-mail/Internet/Operating System/virus/spyware, etc questions & problems.

As we are primarily a radio discussion group, your mileage may vary on the responses.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

Faxon
New User

MW800 Drivers and Utilities

Post by Faxon »

Already tried Moto they said NoNo. Anyone have the original drivers and utilities?
Pj
What radios do you own?: X9000 thru APX

Re: MW800 Drivers and Utilities

Post by Pj »

Um..... ok?

A little more detail please.
Lowband radio. The original and non-complicated wide area interoperable communications system
Faxon
New User

Post by Faxon »

I am looking for the original drivers and utilities for a mw-800. After several exhausting hour with Motorola they said they no longer have the original drivers! Luckily another board member has agreed to send them to me.

BTW: PJ, do you know a crazy guy named Rocky there on the Mountain? Always heard the expression "it's a small world" so I thought I would try.
Pj
What radios do you own?: X9000 thru APX

Post by Pj »

Did you talk to data support, or the normal telephone drones?

Data support emailed me everything I needed six? months ago..

And no.

There are a couple of verisons of the MW800 software, so you have to make sure you give them the part number of the MW800 and the BIOS verison, if possible.

The driver package between both platforms are different, and I am not talking about the MW810's either. There should be a 5206A, 5217, and one other IIRC. The last two models before the 810 used the same drivers...I didn't notice any difference when the website was still up.
Lowband radio. The original and non-complicated wide area interoperable communications system
JAYMZ
What radios do you own?: Radar Range

Post by JAYMZ »

If Motorola support won't help you, an alternative is to find someone with the same or similar model that you have and have them copy off their I386 and/or DRIVERS folders. If they don't have them, find a copy of and have them run a program called "Double Driver" and that will make a backup of all the drivers on the PC. Burn to a CD and you should be good to go. That is of course assuming that you can find anyone that would be charitable enough to help you out.
JAYMZ

"Mom and dad say I should make my life an example of the principles I believe in. But every time I do, they tell me to stop it."
Calvin
KA7MBQ
New User

Post by KA7MBQ »

I just purchased a MW800 with the drivers. If you can tell me how to copy them, I would be happy to help.

Jay
KA7MBQ
JAYMZ
What radios do you own?: Radar Range

Post by JAYMZ »

Get a hold of a program called "Double Driver". Burn it to a CD and you have a backup of your drivers.

Combine that with something like nLite and you can make your own custom recovery disk. But otherwise that is an easy way to help someone out with drivers.
JAYMZ

"Mom and dad say I should make my life an example of the principles I believe in. But every time I do, they tell me to stop it."
Calvin
wa8iqo
1 Warning for RSS/CPS Wanted/For Sale/Links
What radios do you own?: Motorola XTL5000 & XTS5000

Post by wa8iqo »

Check out http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/MW800/ for all your driver needs. Have several located in the file section.
Brad - WA8IQO
dmadrigrano
New User

Post by dmadrigrano »

Return to “Computer/Technical Assistance”