stupid xts5k question

This forum is dedicated to discussions pertaining specifically to the Motorola ASTRO line of radios (those that use VSELP/IMBE/AMBE), including using digital modulation, digital programming, FlashPort upgrades, etc. If you have general questions please use the General or Programming forums.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

xslashx33

stupid xts5k question

Post by xslashx33 »

ok, im new to the xts5000 world.

I just got an xts5k, which is fpp, here are the specs
vhf
fc: 560001-001306-1
host/dps 12

Im trying to program the zone/personality's in, for some odd reason, when i add a 2nd zone, it adds all 16 conv personalitys to it. Is this normal? I have 3 zones on my radio, split by areas, and one zone only has 2 personalitys used, but i cannot delete the other 14 unused ones...

Brian
GEMOTO

Re: stupid xts5k question

Post by GEMOTO »

When you are adding a zone are adding one from the default or the current zone. There are two small boxes next to the - + X buttons that say something like DEF or CUR, if you have CUR selected it will copy from the previous zone. DEF will make a new zone from scratch, which will most likely only have 1 channel in it.
mike m

Post by mike m »

Since it is an FPP radio you need to disable FPP in the ZONE FPP/PROTECTION field for zone 3 or your last zone.

Once you do this the CPS will erase the other 15 channels in zone 3 leaving only one channel in zone 3.

The radio will give you a message about doing some updating then it will come back with zone 3 having only one personality/channel which will be tied to personality #33 which will also be the last personality in your radio.

Now simple add your 2nd channel/personality to zone 3 and it automatically uses personality 33.

You can use pers 33 for both channels in zone 3 or if they are set up differently then go to the personality field and add personality #34 which is your 2nd non FPP personality in zone 3 and assign pers 34 to the 2nd channel in zone 3.

Remember that since you only wanted 2 channels in zone 3 and that this required turning FPP off on zone 3, you will not be able to access zone 3 channels from the FPP menu, only from CPS.

By this I mean that personalities 1 thru 32 will be FPP and tied in numerical order with zones 1 and 2 while any personalities above 32, for your case, will be non FPP and they go in zone 3.

If your not totally confused by now then your doing fine.

Mike
xslashx33

Post by xslashx33 »

Just the answer i was looking for, thanks for all your help guys

Brian

Return to “Legacy Batboard Motorola ASTRO (VSELP/IMBE/AMBE) Equipment Forum”