Motorola Mobile GM900?? Nextel

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

LATwoWay
New User

Motorola Mobile GM900?? Nextel

Post by LATwoWay »

Can anyone tell me if I can do anything with a model number M12UCK6NR3BN
It looks just like a GM900. According to the model number it is a 800MHz.
I've ended up with a whole lot of these, are they programmable? I think they nextel mobile radios??
any info on these units would be appreciated.
Thanks.
d119

Re: Motorola Mobile GM900?? Nextel

Post by d119 »

Those are iDEN m100 mobile radios. I pretty much doubt you'll be able to do anything with them, as they were made for use on iDEN systems only. I've never looked at one with RSS, so I don't know for sure, but I'd wager a guess that they're iDEN only.
motorola_otaku

Post by motorola_otaku »

iDen CompanionPro might read them. There is a RIB-required cable schematic on the Batlabs iDen page you can try. If these are the radios I'm thinking about that use the same chassis as a model 1 MCS2000, you use the DB25 connector on the bottom.

Be warned, though, even if you can get one active on a Nextel account they won't do Direct Connect cross-fleet. I had a m370 mobile on my work account (same beast, but with a telephone handset-style control head) but had to give it up because of that.
d119

Post by d119 »

They "program" (meaning call lists, user-settings, etc.) using an m370 handset plugged into the microphone jack.

I once had to activate one of these, and after taking it to the local NexTel service center, the service center actually GAVE me an m370 handset so I would be able to program it.

You can make telephone calls on it and everything if you have the m370 handset plugged in.
LATwoWay
New User

Post by LATwoWay »

Thanks for all of the help.
jrm5265
Batboard $upporter

Post by jrm5265 »

Did you find anybody to buy those Iden mobiles? I get those in sometime and occasionally need to move some.

Joe
eastmetrocomm@aol.com

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”