uhf maratrac reciever narrow band conversion 12.5 kc

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

CAPTAINP51D
New User

uhf maratrac reciever narrow band conversion 12.5 kc

Post by CAPTAINP51D »

hi folks, just looking for any information on narrowbanding the maratrac uhf or vhf recievers. i know that com spec has several kits however they have never done a maratrac. the first mixer in the uhf maratrac produces a 45.1 first if signal which is amplified before it passes through a 4 pole crystal filter. then theres another stage of amplification before the rf signal passes into a subsystem ic, where the 45.1mhz signal is mixed with 44.645mhz to produce 455kc then it goes to a quadrature detector.
anybody got any ideas or have worked with this before? comm spec has a 45.05 crystal set available and several 455kc grades. i would appreciate anyone's sugestions thanks warbirdf4
jackhackett

Re: uhf maratrac reciever narrow band conversion 12.5 kc

Post by jackhackett »

It's been a while, but I put conversion kits in a couple of GM300s which have pretty much the same receiver. As far as I recall only the 455 filters were changed. There were also a few resistors that got changed to reduce the tx mod levels, and increase the rx audio level.
CAPTAINP51D
New User

Post by CAPTAINP51D »

i have found out that the big "m" has kits available for the gm300 in either uhf or vhf which is interchangeable with the maxtrac and naturally the maxtrac is interchangeable with the maratrac
vhf = hln9575 uhf= hln9576
ICEMANTIM

Post by ICEMANTIM »

Hello I am looking for the part to convert a VHF Maratrac can i still get these parts from Motorola to convert it to 12.5kc
Tom in D.C.
What radios do you own?: Progreso soup can with CRT

Post by Tom in D.C. »

The part numbers you're asking for are shown in a post above; one for VHF and another one for UHF. You should contact Motorola for further information as to availability and pricing.
Tom in D.C.
In 1920, the U.S. Post Office Department ruled
that children may not be sent by parcel post.
35echo

Post by 35echo »

VHF HLN9575A $84.53 list
UHF HLN9576A $84.53 list

Both still show as available.

Regards

Allen
RADIOMAN2002
What radios do you own?: More than I can count

Post by RADIOMAN2002 »

Or if you have a few old 900mhx maxtracs use the filters out of those. Thats about all the radios are worth. Done a few for our towns radios.

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”