Rail road Spectra help

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

arlojanis

Rail road Spectra help

Post by arlojanis »

I have rail road Spectra MBR43KME1170AD. The wires in the power cable are black and white. Which is positive and which is negative? Are all the rail road Spectras 72 volts? The power connector I have is the large one below the antenna connector. Is there a speaker behind the keypad? Where does the mic connect? What is the D connector and the round connector beside it on the radio's side?
"The world runs on radio."
J.Sanor
What radios do you own?: Twin-V and an HT200

Re: Rail road Spectra help

Post by J.Sanor »

There is this real neat online site called "Bat Labs" WWW.BATLABS.COM and on it is a page called "Model Specific Information" and in there is a page devoted to the railroad Spectra.

http://batlabs.com/rrspectra.html

Sorry, Had to do it. :lol:
k2hz

Re: Rail road Spectra help

Post by k2hz »

Batlabs has the power pinouts for the AAR power connector. If it is the original power cable - black should be Pin A +72 and white Pin C -72. ( Pin D is +12 and Pin B is -12V) I would verify what pins the wires in your cable go to and not asume anything.

Normal RR Spectras are 12/72V but there is an option that is 36V only. This is usually stencilled on the power supply housing. In this case A/C are +/- 36 instead of 72 and B/D are not connected.

The speaker and internal mic are behind the keypad.

The round connector above the power connector and below the antenna connector is the standard AAR "auxillary" for a remote head or other functions.

If an external mic connector is provided on the rear panel it is a 6pin AAR type.

The rear panel D connector is the programming connection. A round secondary remote control head connector (different from the side "auxillary" connector) may also be on the rear panel.

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”