Minitor 5 amplified charger pinout

This forum is focused on discussing Digital and Voice paging equipment, protocol's, infrastructure, and Motorola specific hardware used. Please refrain from discussing different ways to monitor the digital paging systems due to the legalities of such.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

n3zix
New User

Minitor 5 amplified charger pinout

Post by n3zix »

I have read all of the previous posts pertaining to Amp Charger pinouts, lest I get a beating, and I cant find any diagram of the pinout for the Minitor 5 Charger. Can any one help me? It is only a 5 pin instead of the 6 pin like before. Thanks very much.

Steve-n3zix-FF/EMT
scholarlyemt
New User

Re: Minitor 5 amplified charger pinout

Post by scholarlyemt »

bump. ive been looking for this pinout too
Al

Re: Minitor 5 amplified charger pinout

Post by Al »

The information you're both looking for is contained in the user manual for the Min V amplified charger. Here's an exerpt from the pinout descriptions:

Remote speaker audio(pins 1 & 6) - external 4 ohm spkr may be connected from pin 1(audio) and pin 6(ground) to provide both remote spkr audio and internal spkr audio at the same time.
Relay dry contact closure(pins 2&3) - maximum 28VDC/AC RMS rating is 10 watts. Within the limits of the 10 watt rating, contacts can handle up to 750 ma. continuously and switch up to 400 ma. of current. Closed when accessory relay is energized.
Relay closure timing(pins 4&5) - selects time duration of (pins 2&3) closure. If left open-circuited, relay remains energized for about 10 seconds after an alert is received. If shorted, relay remains energized until reset button on front of the charger/amp is pressed. Pressing the reset button causes the contacts to open to turn off the alert indicator.

Viewed from the rear of the charger amp, pins are IDd as 5-4-3-2-1 from left to right in a lower hemisphere half-circle.

Return to “Motorola Digital and Voice Paging”