Motorola Pac RT

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

ABANAKA

Motorola Pac RT

Post by ABANAKA »

Hi
I have converted a Pac RT to work with a Mactrac inplace of the PAC RT unit and is currently configired with a Syntor X9000. It is working great.
I have a need to shut off the PL on the Pac but I don't want to disable it permanently. Has anyone done this? I beleive it maybe in the Manual but I don't have a copy of it.
If someone has the info please Email me.
Thanks
Mike
ABANAKA

Re: Motorola Pac RT

Post by ABANAKA »

Hi
Still looking for information on the Motorola Pac RT if anyone has info reference to my last post. This was about disabling the Pack PL.
Thanks
Mike
George
What radios do you own?: X9000, HT1550XLS, MTS2000, etc

Post by George »

Mike,
You will simply have to pull out a print and find out just how and IF this can be accomplished. I am not sure if there is a carrier squelch circuit on the PAC-RT that would allow transmission to occur without PL detection.

I am asleep right now, but if memory serves me, there isn't one.

Why do you want carrier squelch on the portable side anyway?

Okay, yes, there is a carrier squelch circuit and it uses a Micor squelch chip. This can be done.

Okay, not that I am any more awake, here's your answer....

You have a choice.

You can lift the side of R63 that's furthest from Q16, a M9642 and tie it high. R63 is an 47K.
CR10 is on the end of R63 that you want to lift.

OR

You can short the collector of Q16 to ground.

IF you don't have those parts, and keep in mind there were many derivations of the PAC-RT, try these...

R339 and Q323 with CR348.

Anything more and you, my friend, need a manual.

George
ABANAKA

Post by ABANAKA »

George
Thank you very much for the reply on Pac RT! I am going run the Pac between an 800 conventional radio and a VHF radio single freq. Because the users on the vhf side are not using PL and because I want them on the Conventional 800 side this is reason for disabling the Pac PL. I wish I could get them to PL on but thats another discussion!
Thanks
Mike 8)
Wolfy
What radios do you own?: MT1000, HT10, Spectra, MaxTrac

Post by Wolfy »

While I realize this is two years from the last post,

In the RSS there is usually an option for PAC-RT which disables the transmit PL on the handheld. Other than that, not sure about the guts of the PacRT, yet.

Wolfy
Wolfy
1 Mouth, 25 Portables, 7 Mobiles, 10 Repeaters.. MAN Do I need to sell something.....
cpt113
Batboard $upporter

Post by cpt113 »

Would you be able to install an aftermarket tone board like com-spec and put a toggle on the tone injection wire? Use an O'scope to find where to install the tone wire (if you don't have a manual). I hope I understand what you were trying to do.

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”