Upgrading CPS?

This forum is for discussions regarding all aspects of Motorola radio programming, including hardware, computers, installation and use of RSS/CPS, firmware upgrades, and troubleshooting. There are subforums for discussions of codeplugs, and also for software/firmware release notes and issues.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

cdesio
New User

Upgrading CPS?

Post by cdesio »

We have a valid CPS license and I am trying to find the latest version of CPS. Does /\/\ allow us to upgrade CPS version online or do we have to wait for them to mail out a new CD? I have logged into businessonline but I can't find any downloads.
n7maq
What radios do you own?: Mocom 70 w/scan!!

Re: Upgrading CPS?

Post by n7maq »

cdesio wrote:We have a valid CPS license and I am trying to find the latest version of CPS. Does /\/\ allow us to upgrade CPS version online or do we have to wait for them to mail out a new CD? I have logged into businessonline but I can't find any downloads.

If you are not able to find the CPS on your MOL account you will need to call Motorola and have them add it. The subscription is good for three years (on most CPS) from the original purchase.

Jim
cdesio
New User

Post by cdesio »

Thanks Jim. Our subscription is only 6 months old so I should have it..

Is it usually on businessonline or somewhere else? Maybe I am just not seeing it..
n7maq wrote:
cdesio wrote:We have a valid CPS license and I am trying to find the latest version of CPS. Does /\/\ allow us to upgrade CPS version online or do we have to wait for them to mail out a new CD? I have logged into businessonline but I can't find any downloads.

If you are not able to find the CPS on your MOL account you will need to call Motorola and have them add it. The subscription is good for three years (on most CPS) from the original purchase.

Jim
n7maq

Post by n7maq »

The software downloads are in the Resource Center, under the Resource Center pull down. They are not under software support. When you open the RC window you will see a tree on the left side, and you will want "Software Downloads".

Also what radio is the CPS for? There may not even be an update if it is only 6 months old.

Jim
cdesio
New User

Post by cdesio »

Ah ha! Found it!!

Thanks for the help Jim, I was looking under software support like a moron.

They are HT-1250's.
n7maq wrote:The software downloads are in the Resource Center, under the Resource Center pull down. They are not under software support. When you open the RC window you will see a tree on the left side, and you will want "Software Downloads".

Also what radio is the CPS for? There may not even be an update if it is only 6 months old.

Jim
n7maq

Post by n7maq »

cdesio wrote:Ah ha! Found it!!

Thanks for the help Jim, I was looking under software support like a moron.

They are HT-1250's.

You are not the first one, software support sounds like a good place to look for software updates.

Jim

Return to “Radio Programming”