Suggested settings for Min5 2ch all call and indv call?

This forum is focused on discussing Digital and Voice paging equipment, protocol's, infrastructure, and Motorola specific hardware used. Please refrain from discussing different ways to monitor the digital paging systems due to the legalities of such.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

Pj
What radios do you own?: X9000 thru APX

Suggested settings for Min5 2ch all call and indv call?

Post by Pj »

I have 2ch Min5 pagers. Haven't played with them all that much.

They need to alert on two channels. I figure slient scan should work fine. A new wrench that got thrown my way is introduction of "all call" and "duty crew" tones. The pager on one of the modes needs to ignore the duty crew tones but still alert on the all call on both channels.

Suggestions?
Lowband radio. The original and non-complicated wide area interoperable communications system
ai4ui
was kf4pxz

Re: Suggested settings for Min5 2ch all call and indv call?

Post by ai4ui »

In typical Motorola fashion, it isn't very intutive, but you can do this with the "off duty" feature.

Set up your channels and cap codes like you want them. Then go to the function switch section and click the off duty check box for the mode that you want to have selected to ignore the "on duty" crew cap code. Go back to the channel setup sections and in the off duty column set the cap code you want ignored for off duty to "on" in the pick list. When you program this back into your pager and then select the function switch to the off duty position, the pager will ignore the cap code you selected as "on".

Yes, it does seem backwards. Setting "off duty" to "on" is what you have to do to make a particular mode ignore a cap code.

You can't select on/off duty for any monitor mode, only for select call modes.

It's a good idea to have a way to test these out before issuing them so you are sure it works right.
Wyrd bið ful ãræd, Fate is inexorable...
Pj
What radios do you own?: X9000 thru APX

Re: Suggested settings for Min5 2ch all call and indv call?

Post by Pj »

Yeah, thats what I was thinking with the on/off duty...but of course, MT1000 RSS has better help files than this.
Lowband radio. The original and non-complicated wide area interoperable communications system

Return to “Motorola Digital and Voice Paging”