Minitor V programming question (ON/OFF duty)

This forum is focused on discussing Digital and Voice paging equipment, protocol's, infrastructure, and Motorola specific hardware used. Please refrain from discussing different ways to monitor the digital paging systems due to the legalities of such.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

N2ZPY

Minitor V programming question (ON/OFF duty)

Post by N2ZPY »

I am trying to set up my pager with 3 sets of tones. I have my home dept that I would like to have in the OFF duty position (call1). For ON duty I would like our neighboring depts tones (call 2 & 3). We are auto mutual aid 6am to 6PM but dispatch seems to forget to stack tone us. Since I work in their district this would be a handy feature.

My question comes down to the following.......

Is there a way to be ON duty and still monitor the frequency. I know I could do this if I sacrifice my second channel and use CH1 for OFF and CH2 for ON. I would really like to keep the ability to monitor our secondary channel. The ON/OFF selection is grayed out on the function switch tab if you set it to monitor or Pri scan.

Settings now are as follows. I only have my home dept tones programmed at this point.

A: Select call F1 (Vib + Tone)
B: Monitor F1 (Vib + Tone)
C: Select call F1 (Vib)
D: Pri scan F1 (Vib + Tone)

Here is what I would like.

A: Select call F1 (Vib + Tone) OFF Duty
B: Monitor F1 (Vib + Tone) OFF Duty
C: Select Call F1 (Vib + Tone) ON Duty
D: Priority Scan F1 (vib + Tone) On Duty

Thanks

Kevin
ai4ui
was kf4pxz

Re: Minitor V programming question (ON/OFF duty)

Post by ai4ui »

N2ZPY wrote:<SNIP>
Is there a way to be ON duty and still monitor the frequency. I know I could do this if I sacrifice my second channel and use CH1 for OFF and CH2 for ON. I would really like to keep the ability to monitor our secondary channel. The ON/OFF selection is grayed out on the function switch tab if you set it to monitor or Pri scan.
<SNIP>
Thanks

Kevin

Kevin,

In a round about way - yes. You cannot assign off duty to a mode if that mode has monitor selected. I guess Motorola figures if you are monitoring the channel you are not concerned about it activating on all the programmed cap codes. If you are new to the on/off duty settings it is not intuitive at all. The settings are completely backwards from what you would think (at least me, anyhow) it should be. On your channel setup tab you have to set the cap codes that you want to be ignored when "off duty" to on in the on/off duty column. Then on the mode setup tab the modes you want to be programmed to ignore the cap codes you want ignored when off duty have to have the on/off duty box checked. On modes assigned to monitor that check box is grayed out and you cannot have off duty assigned to a mode that monitors. Hope this helps.

Robert
Wyrd bið ful ãræd, Fate is inexorable...
N2ZPY

Re: Minitor V programming question (ON/OFF duty)

Post by N2ZPY »

Thanks. That is what I figured the answer was going to be. I guess my dog will just run and hide every time the other dept gets toned out and the pager goes off :lol:

Anybody else have a dog that listens to their scanner and can tell the tones and the names of the depts that surround you?

Thanks again!

Kevin

Return to “Motorola Digital and Voice Paging”