Motorola Shop Supplies Book

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

bnn121

Motorola Shop Supplies Book

Post by bnn121 »

Anybody have one of the old Motorola Shop Supplies books laying around? I'm looking for Motorola part numbers on the wire ties they sell. Or if you have one, there should be a part number on it, I may just be able to order one if they still make it.

Thanks
Jim202

Re: Motorola Shop Supplies Book

Post by Jim202 »

You can obtain a larger selection and lower prices by going to one of your better electrical supply houses.
Grainger will sell to anyone who walks through the door. Lowes has a decent selection. Then there is
some of the radio places like Tessco and Hutton.

Jim

bnn121 wrote:Anybody have one of the old Motorola Shop Supplies books laying around? I'm looking for Motorola part numbers on the wire ties they sell. Or if you have one, there should be a part number on it, I may just be able to order one if they still make it.

Thanks
bnn121

Post by bnn121 »

Jim202 wrote:You can obtain a larger selection and lower prices by going to one of your better electrical supply houses.
Grainger will sell to anyone who walks through the door. Lowes has a decent selection. Then there is
some of the radio places like Tessco and Hutton.

Jim

bnn121 wrote:Anybody have one of the old Motorola Shop Supplies books laying around? I'm looking for Motorola part numbers on the wire ties they sell. Or if you have one, there should be a part number on it, I may just be able to order one if they still make it.

Thanks

I seem to recall the quality of the Motorola wire ties where pretty good, I'm sure they buy them from somebody else and yes they where not cheap.

I do not like the ones from Tessco, I tend to break every other one.

I also know that CTW has some really nice quality wire ties, however they are hard to buy from.

I would prefer to purchase quality wire ties then go to Lowe's, Home Depot, Radio Shack and the likes.

Thanks for the Grainier suggestion, I forgot about them.
tvsjr

Post by tvsjr »

Tessco sells all sorts of different wireties... the Tyton (sp?) ones tend to work just fine for me. Panduit also makes nice wireties, with a very nice price tag.
xmo

Post by xmo »

Item Number. 4280393A46
CABLE TIES, 100PK, BLACK 8"
Unit of Measure: 100 PK

Item Number. 4280366B64
TIE WRAP, 4" BK WX RES, 1000
Unit of Measure: 1000 PK

Item Number. 4280366B65
CABLE TIES, 1000PK, BLACK 5.5\"

Item Number. 4280366B66
CABLE TIE, 8\", 1000 PER PACK

Item Number. 4280366B72
CABLE TIES, 1000PK, BLACK 11.5
Jim202

Post by Jim202 »

What many people don't know is that the cable ties come in several strength ratings. You need to look
at the number and pick a stronger one. If you read the fine print on the Tessco ties you will see what I
am saying.

Only select the ones with the stronger ones. If your like me, I tend to snap the 15 pound rating ties
when I yank on them just snugging them up. As a result, I only buy the 50 or 70 pound ones. This
applies to any tie you buy. Look at the rating before you pick them.

Jim

Thanks
[/quote]

Thanks for the Grainier suggestion, I forgot about them.[/quote]
Mikey
What radios do you own?: CDM1550 LS+, HT1250, MCS2000

Post by Mikey »

I get my Wire Ties from Waytek Wire, they have a huge selection and i have never broke one when trying to tighten it. Plus there shipping is very fast.
bnn121

Post by bnn121 »

xmo wrote:Item Number. 4280393A46
CABLE TIES, 100PK, BLACK 8"
Unit of Measure: 100 PK

Item Number. 4280366B64
TIE WRAP, 4" BK WX RES, 1000

Item Number. 4280366B65
CABLE TIES, 1000PK, BLACK 5.5\"

Item Number. 4280366B66
CABLE TIE, 8\", 1000 PER PACK

Item Number. 4280366B72
CABLE TIES, 1000PK, BLACK 11.5

Thanks for the info...
bnn121

Post by bnn121 »

Jim202 wrote:What many people don't know is that the cable ties come in several strength ratings. You need to look
at the number and pick a stronger one. If you read the fine print on the Tessco ties you will see what I
am saying.

Only select the ones with the stronger ones. If your like me, I tend to snap the 15 pound rating ties
when I yank on them just snugging them up. As a result, I only buy the 50 or 70 pound ones. This
applies to any tie you buy. Look at the rating before you pick them.

Jim

Thanks

Thanks for the Grainier suggestion, I forgot about them.[/quote][/quote]

Thanks again, I forgot about the tensile strength...
bnn121

Post by bnn121 »

Mikey wrote:I get my Wire Ties from Waytek Wire, they have a huge selection and i have never broke one when trying to tighten it. Plus there shipping is very fast.

I have ordered from them in the past also, I have also order stuff from these guys

http://www.delcity.net/
n3obl

Post by n3obl »

Sorry to hijack but does moto still sell rubber plugs for plugging antenna holes.

I thought i had a correct part number and i got a bag of plastic plugs.

Frank
arlojanis

Post by arlojanis »

I use 0580379B46 which is a 10 pack of rubber hole plugs that fit 3/4 to 1 inch holes. I last ordered March 2009.
"The world runs on radio."

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”