digital ??

Have a question or information regarding interfacing or interoperating Motorola digital radios with models from other manufacturers? Here's the place to do so.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

bulletproof-791
What radios do you own?: to may to list here!!!!

digital ??

Post by bulletproof-791 »

i have 2 xts2500 uhf and i rent repeater time from local co....if i make the T/A ch digital can i get in trouble?? since both radio will do p25///////////////please let me know
"Arguing with a fool proves there are two"
Einstein

Re: digital ??

Post by Einstein »

bulletproof-791 wrote:i have 2 xts2500 uhf and i rent repeater time from local co....if i make the T/A ch digital can i get in trouble?? since both radio will do p25///////////////please let me know

If you are renting the radios along with the airtime I would say no. If they are your radios and you programmed them, you should not have a problem, as long as the frequencies that you are going to make P25 are not the local companies freq's licensed to him.
escomm
Queue Moderator

Post by escomm »

Einstein wrote:
bulletproof-791 wrote:i have 2 xts2500 uhf and i rent repeater time from local co....if i make the T/A ch digital can i get in trouble?? since both radio will do p25///////////////please let me know

If you are renting the radios along with the airtime I would say no. If they are your radios and you programmed them, you should not have a problem, as long as the frequencies that you are going to make P25 are not the local companies freq's licensed to him.
Better make sure the license has a digital emissions designator.....if we are speaking technically about Part 90 of course....
AL7OC
What radios do you own?: Motorola, Icom, Thales, Tekk

Post by AL7OC »

Emission designators for P25 phase 1 are 8K10F1E for digital voice and 8K10F1D for data. The FCC station license will state what emissions are authorized. It doesn't add any cost to to add emissions to the original application. If you are re-doing your license for the upcoming narrow band, might as well go nuts and add the P25 designators, just in case you want to go P25 on your system.

-Pierre
Pierre

AL7OC

Return to “Motorola Digital Radio Compatability”