Anyone know where to get SMA connectors?

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

Code3Response
NOT ALLOWED TO BUY/SELL/TRADE

Post by Code3Response »

Im installing a convertacom for my saber in my car and because of where It is being mounted, I will need a 90º SMA connector for the antenna. Anyone know where to get one? Thanks!
phrawg

Post by phrawg »

yes, but it won't do you any good since the connector is a "mini-uhf" not an sma.
Tom in D.C.
What radios do you own?: Progreso soup can with CRT

Post by Tom in D.C. »

Matt: Phrawg is correct. Get an adapter at Radio Shack which converts the Saber connector to an SO-239 (regular VHF type)and then put a right angle SO-239 connector on it. It will get pretty big, however. Maybe if you look at the Pasternack connector site they will have what you need. They have just about everything else. Check my spelling as it might be nak or nack; I can't remember and it's on my home computer but I'm out of town right now.

Tom, W2NJS
...in Wintergreen VA tonight...
Cowthief
Fail 01/90

Post by Cowthief »

Hello.

One better, get the angle adapter for the early 3 watt bag cellphone, miniUHF.

Thank You.
motor59
Batboard $upporter

Post by motor59 »

Even better yet-
I think I have a couple (90` mini uhf) in the junk box. Send me a private msg w/ your snailmail address and, if I can find one, it's yours gratis.

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”