XTS2500 MDC Emergency Decode

This forum is for discussions regarding all aspects of Motorola radio programming, including hardware, computers, installation and use of RSS/CPS, firmware upgrades, and troubleshooting. There are subforums for discussions of codeplugs, and also for software/firmware release notes and issues.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

dsheli

XTS2500 MDC Emergency Decode

Post by dsheli »

Hey guys, I have searched all over and cant find anything relating to emergency MDC decoding on the XTS2500. Currently I have the 2500's set up with Post MDC-ID, each radio displays the number, no problem. I can also page and call alert each radio but if a radio goes into "emergency" the only radio I have decode the alarm is a XPR6500. From what I have read the XTS2500 is capable of decoding the emergency MDC beacon correct? In each of these radios I have a digital conventional Astro channel, if I activate my E button, each radio displays emergency when on a digital channel. Could this digital channel be causing problems on the analog side. Scan is off, I have a code-plug I can send someone should they want it and I will post all radio flash information this afternoon. I hope this is not to confusing and I apologize if I double posted, the only information I could find related to getting the MDC ID's to display on the radios.
Have a Great Day,
David Stewart
kb9suy
What radios do you own?: too many!!

Re: XTS2500 MDC Emergency Decode

Post by kb9suy »

Click on radio configuration then drop down too Display & menu click on advanced tab then click on emergency receive. Then click on your MDC system that is assigned to the channel your using. Click advanced and check box that says Emergency alarm receive indicator. That should do it.
dsheli

Post by dsheli »

kb9suy wrote:Click on radio configuration then drop down too Display & menu click on advanced tab then click on emergency receive. Then click on your MDC system that is assigned to the channel your using. Click advanced and check box that says Emergency alarm receive indicator. That should do it.
kb9suy,
Thanks for your reply but I have the above setting checked in CPS. I just can't figure it out, I apologize on not being able to get the radio information to you guys yet, we have been absolutely slammed with work/calls and more calls.
David
dsheli

Post by dsheli »

Sorry for the delay in getting this information to you guys, I have been absolutely slammed with work.
Host: 07.02.00
DSP 7.01.01
Tuning 1.09.22
Model H46kdf9dw6an
flash 10000010000007

Return to “Radio Programming”