UHF/7-800 APX in my hand!

This forum is dedicated to discussions pertaining specifically to the Motorola ASTRO line of radios (those that use VSELP/IMBE/AMBE), including using digital modulation, digital programming, FlashPort upgrades, etc. If you have general questions please use the General or Programming forums.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

MSS-Dave
What radios do you own?: XTL5K, NX300, PD782, Spark Gap

UHF/7-800 APX in my hand!

Post by MSS-Dave »

Took awhile but finally got the order last Friday. UHF is R-1 which is 380-470 MHz. How does it work? Beats the hell out of me. /\/\ left the programming cable off the original order, now have to order seperate.

Any of you guys using the dual display APX? If so, how is the battery life holding up? I have the 2100 mA NiMh on these, makes one big a** radio......

Dave
akardam

Re: UHF/7-800 APX in my hand!

Post by akardam »

We have several of the front/top display radios in service. They seem to hold up pretty well, even with the smaller capacity battery. Of course, the backlight on both screens times out after N seconds, so when it's off all it's really driving is just the LCD itself, which consumes very little current.

If you haven't played with the software yet, boy are you in for a shock... :)

What's the antenna look like? Can you post some pictures?
dxon2m

Post by dxon2m »

Pictures and videos would worth a thousand fab and words :lol:
MSS-Dave
What radios do you own?: XTL5K, NX300, PD782, Spark Gap

Post by MSS-Dave »

:x

After several hours of CPS banging by the system admin, (codeplug converter etc...), we found the radios had the wrong :o flash in them. Damn thing has the UHF band BUT the dual band operation option was not installed. You can actually buy the thing with VHF or UHF with 7-800 MHz and then have to turn it on? WTF! Anyway, it's being fixed with a reflash that I should have soon. Also wrong was the antenna, should have been UHF/7-800/GPS. Got 7-800/GPS. Called support to get the right one and they can't sell it because they are destined for production. Battery was wrong too. It's all being fixed so we'll see. I'll try to get the picture I have uploaded somewhere to link to it. Akardam, the CPS is a total joy for sure. Something else to learn, and I can't see it for :o even changing the "theme". Print is too small with all of the visual crap going on. Going to try my dual 22" workstation today, see if that is easier on my eyes.

Dave
motorola_otaku

Post by motorola_otaku »

If you need help or a tutorial on uploading and posting images just ask.. it's pretty trivial.

Return to “Legacy Batboard Motorola ASTRO (VSELP/IMBE/AMBE) Equipment Forum”