Need help PLEASE !!

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

asst chief

Need help PLEASE !!

Post by asst chief »

:D A friend of mine use to own an ambulance service long time ago and he gave me all the radio equipment he had. :( Now I am looking franticly on the web for manuals or any other info on these items. These items are older and most of the info I found is for newer models. I also contacted Motorola but no success. What I find out so far is the frequency of all the equipment is 155.160 and 155.250 I also know the reed frequency for the pagers. I want to test the pagers to see if I can set the tones off but I am not sure how to hook up the radio pager system.

1 Anyone have manuals for these items? (I will pay for manuals)
2 How to hook up the paging system? (I think it gets hook up to the mic wires on the base station? Not sure and don’t want to let out the smoke he he he)
3 What the telephone pads are for? (I think they are for pl tones not sure)
4 What is your opinion on the value?

Need big help on these:

1 Base station Motorola compa station KCG 953 model # C73MHB – 3100B
1 Motorola radio paging system model # N1018B
4 Motorola pageboy pagers H29l12 HO3BNC1107BQ (not sure which one is model #)
9 Pageboy chargers model # NLN6432B
8 Telephone keypads
1 Remote control transmitter rem-con 740-80

Little help (I know how to hook up and test just if you have manuals or any important info):

2 Johnson PPL6000 transceiver (with telephone pad)
1 Wilson 1550 mobile transceiver (with telephone pad)
4 Mocom – 70 with wires and front mounted head
1 Motrac model # U73MHT – 1130B with wires and front mounted head
1 Motrac model # U73MHT – 1190B – SP01 with wires and front mounted head
1 Motorola (unknown brand) model # U43CMT 1100A with wires and front mounted head
1 GE (unknown model ) with wires and front mounted head

My goal is to test everything and maybe sell them. Thank you. My email is vino2216@aol.com
eacradio

Post by eacradio »

Your friend must have been in the service a very long time ago. Most of the model numbers you listed are at least 25 to 30 years old. I don't know if you'll get anything to work or not, but it's your time. I have manuals on most of the Motorola stuff you listed and I was just cleaning out my attic and going to throw most of it away. I'll be glad to send you what I have if you'll cover the packaging and postage.

email me offline and we'll see what we can do.
Danny

eacradio@swbell.net
bernie
Batboard $upporter

Post by bernie »

My two bits worth:
Thirty or forty years ago this was a very modern system.
Today it it frankly, a pile of junk.
The Mocom 70 is still a good radio. The Motracs, including your 100 Watt base are just antiques. I used to repair just this stuff. Have fun:
Aloha, Bernie

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”