Dispatcher "killed" my CM200

This forum is for discussions regarding all aspects of Motorola radio programming, including hardware, computers, installation and use of RSS/CPS, firmware upgrades, and troubleshooting. There are subforums for discussions of codeplugs, and also for software/firmware release notes and issues.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

Iguana

Dispatcher "killed" my CM200

Post by Iguana »

Hi, I'm taxi driver.
In our taxi station we are using MDC1200 signalling system.
The dispatcher killed my radio using ICOM IC 5061 RADIO
When I finally left the station, the dispatcher killed/locked my cm200 radio.
When i'm turning on the radio I see "0" on the display.

I tried to read my radio and to program the previously saved codeplug.
The codeplug was programmed succesfully. But there is no change on my radio, it's still locked.
The same I tried read/write tuner - The same result
I changed the frequencies and deleted channels, but codeplug in the radio left with the same ID & FREQ.

What can I do to bring my radio back to life, cause I want to work with other taxi station ?

MODEL: AAM50KNC9AA1AN

Thanks in advance
KE7JFF
What radios do you own?: MX300 lunchbox

Re: Dispatcher "killed" my CM200

Post by KE7JFF »

Have you talked to the dispatcher about WHY he did that?
Mountain Wave Search & Rescue http://www.mwave.org
Support Search & Rescue: Get Lost!
linkinpark9812
What radios do you own?: Spectra, HT1000, Icom F30

Post by linkinpark9812 »

KE7JFF wrote:Have you talked to the dispatcher about WHY he did that?
x2

Btw, this is why I like ICOM. They incorporate so many features in the advanced radio that it can be used by dispatch with "dispatch" features.

I know in some radios (like the spectra) you can bang a bit to unlock the radio from a "kill"

The 5061 can "unkill" a radio with an MDC packet, just like it was killed by a MDC "kill" packet.

Figure out why they killed it first.
Radios I own: Spectra VHF 110W with A7 head, HT1000 VHF, ICOM IC-F30 VHF, and a Puxing PX-888 VHF.
Scanner I own: Radioshack Pro-164

If you want to get around the 16 mode scan limit on the Motorola Spectra, then read this guide and go to the original thread Here! 8)
Iguana

Post by Iguana »

They killed me cause I left the station.
I don't want to work with them anymore.
Tomorrow I will start working in other station and I don't have a radio.
I got maxtrac for a couple of days.
There is a policy, who is leaving, the dispatcher kills his radio (maxtrac or cm radio)

How I can unlock it without firmware upgrade ?
wavetar
Administrator

Post by wavetar »

If you legally 'own' the radio, as opposed to leasing it from the station, then they legally have no right to inhibit (kill) your radio...it's your personal property. Get the cops involved in that case. Otherwise, if it's actually the station's radio & you simply didn't let them take it out of your car, then that's a whole other story, obviously.
No trees were harmed in the posting of this message...however an extraordinarily large number of electrons were horribly inconvenienced.

Welcome to the /\/\achine.
FireCpt809
What radios do you own?: Alot..

Post by FireCpt809 »

I agree with Wavetar. I am betting they did it so you cant jump their radio dispatched fares.
linkinpark9812

Post by linkinpark9812 »

FireCpt809 wrote:I agree with Wavetar. I am betting they did it so you cant jump their radio dispatched fares.
x1000 agree. While in some states (I kno it is true in IN, not sure if their is a fed. law on it) it is illegal to monitor other frequencies for personal gain, the dispatcher must know nothing of scanners.... Not like just those radios can listen in.....

Are you sure it is policy? Maybe they thought it was leased to you, but killing a radio is a weird policy. if you leased, wouldn't they just take it from you once you quit? They can't just kill YOUR radio just because they allowed you to use it on their freq. when you worked there.

However, if it is his radio, say the company programmed to to RX and TX on those freqs. for him. When he quits, are they able to "deprogram" his own radio after he quits since they originally programmed it? You would think they would just do that instead of killing.

Def. go to the company and try to get it resolved first, could have been a mistake. If you get nowhere, the police would be a nice thing to bring up during the conversation. :P

Good Luck!
Radios I own: Spectra VHF 110W with A7 head, HT1000 VHF, ICOM IC-F30 VHF, and a Puxing PX-888 VHF.

If you want to get around the 16 mode scan limit on the Motorola Spectra, then read this guide and go to the original thread Here! 8)
Iguana

Post by Iguana »

Thanks for the answers

There is no mistake, And I know that it is not legal in Israel to lock radio, but we have a law that if I'm leaving taxi station and its my radio, I'M NOT ALLOWED TO LISTEN TO THEIR FREQUENCY. Israelis think that they are smart, but the stupid dispatcer doesn't know of the existance of the the scanners.
He think that I'm stealing customers.....

So how I unlock the radio ? The motorola dealer in our area has no idea ....
linkinpark9812

Post by linkinpark9812 »

Iguana wrote:Thanks for the answers

There is no mistake, And I know that it is not legal in Israel to lock radio, but we have a law that if I'm leaving taxi station and its my radio, I'M NOT ALLOWED TO LISTEN TO THEIR FREQUENCY. Israelis think that they are smart, but the stupid dispatcer doesn't know of the existance of the the scanners.
He think that I'm stealing customers.....

So how I unlock the radio ? The motorola dealer in our area has no idea ....
Ask your dispatch center. See if they can just "deprogram" the radio instead. Pretty much load a codeplug with, say, weather frequencies and erase the taxi frequencies. And then they also need to "unkill" it.

If you want to do it yourself, the only way I can see is get the MDC1200 ID of your radio. Then find someone with a radio that can generate an "unkill" packet with the radio ID. Have them record it and send it to you.

Now this is the part I don't know about. Since it seems that you cannot cycle channels when locked, I am not sure what channel the radio is waiting to hear an "unkill" signal on. I would assume it is whatever channel that they originally killed on. Assuming channel 1, you can reprogram your channel 1 (since you say you can write a codeplug) to a frequency that you can transmit on (such as MURS in the US, not sure about out there).

get a hold of another radio, set that radio to transmit on the frequency your CM200 is listening on. Play the sound on your computer, put the Mic to the speaker, and see if it works. Since this way can cause noise, and cause the MDC1200 to get lost, you may have to do it a few times. I have done this before with regular MDC1200 PPT ID for the heck of it, and it works quite well.

This is the basic concept, IMO, on how to unkill the radio yourself. Again, not sure exactly how the whole "kill/unkill" MDC1200 signaling works. Maybe someone else can go into further detail?

I know on the Spectra you can bit bang a bit to unkill it. I don't know if it is even possible to bit bang a CM200, and even if you could you would have to know what bit to change, and what to change it to, which I personally do not know.

Again, Good Luck!

Iguana

Post by Iguana »

linkinpark9812 ,
After programming (not killed- I have the original backup) codeplug, there is no change.
The frequency and ID not changed!
The radio still shows "0" at its dispay.
linkinpark9812

Post by linkinpark9812 »

Iguana wrote:linkinpark9812 ,
After programming (not killed- I have the original backup) codeplug, there is no change.
The frequency and ID not changed!
The radio still shows "0" at its dispay.
Well what I am saying in the post is how to "unkill" the radio yourself. Like I said, i am not sure what channel it is listening too, and you still need someone to generate an "unkill" packet for your radio. What is your MDC ID? Maybe someone on the board can generate you one?

Hopefully someone knowledgeable in the CM200 line will pop in.

Iguana

Post by Iguana »

Thanks to all
I made firmware upgrade r03.05.00
The radio now is factory default & unlocked!
escomm
Queue Moderator

Post by escomm »

The CM200 supports MDC inhibit? News to me...
wavetar
Administrator

Post by wavetar »

escomm wrote:The CM200 supports MDC inhibit? News to me...
Yep...it's not listed as a feature in the brochures and it's not a selectable feature in the CPS...it just allows it when MDC signalling is used. We set up a taxi company fleet of CM200's 5-6 years ago with it.
No trees were harmed in the posting of this message...however an extraordinarily large number of electrons were horribly inconvenienced.

Welcome to the /\/\achine.
dsheli

Post by dsheli »

I know the TRBO radios can in-hibit and un-inhibit in digital mode, does anyone know if this is possible via mdc in analog mode?
David

Return to “Radio Programming”