Centracom !! to elite

This forum is for discussions regarding System Infrastructure and Related Equipment. This includes but is not limited to repeaters, base stations, consoles, voters, Voice over IP, system design and implementation, and other related topics.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

jwussler

Centracom !! to elite

Post by jwussler »

can a centracom 2 be converted to an elite gold? if so what cards have to be replaced?
Bill_G

Re: Centracom !! to elite

Post by Bill_G »

Well, to start, you get to reuse the card cage, power supplies, and any aux i/o cards you have. Depending on the vintage, you might be able to reuse the bim cards. Everything else gets changed.
RFguy

Post by RFguy »

Are you planing on upgrading the operator positions? If they are button and LED's positions, you don't need to change much (maybe nothing) at the operator position.

As Bill_G stated there is some re-use, but depending on the age and complexity of your system, the upgrades of the cards in the CEB can be quite extensive.

If you post an inventory of your CEB cards, we might be able to give you some idea of what can be re-used.
jwussler

Post by jwussler »

basically i have a one op 6 channel setup here and i was just seeing what it would take to convert it to a one op elite, i have a cie and the software i just was wondering what cards had to be changed out

Return to “Base Stations, Repeaters, General Infrastructure”