Possible?: Mot RIB to Ericsson RIB (convert,etc.)

This forum is for discussions regarding all aspects of Motorola radio programming, including hardware, computers, installation and use of RSS/CPS, firmware upgrades, and troubleshooting. There are subforums for discussions of codeplugs, and also for software/firmware release notes and issues.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

Splat

Possible?: Mot RIB to Ericsson RIB (convert,etc.)

Post by Splat »

Is it possible to convert a Mot RIB to replace the GE/Ericsson TQ3310 or TQ3370? Thanks.
“If people let the government decide what foods they eat and what medicines they take, their bodies will soon be in as a sorry state as the souls who live under tyranny.”
― Thomas Jefferson
MSS-Dave
What radios do you own?: XTL5K, NX300, PD782, Spark Gap

Re: Possible?: Mot RIB to Ericsson RIB (convert,etc.)

Post by MSS-Dave »

I can't answer the question but I do have a TQ3370 available if you want to consider that.......

Dave
fineshot1

Post by fineshot1 »

Splat wrote:Is it possible to convert a Mot RIB to replace the GE/Ericsson TQ3310 or TQ3370? Thanks.
I have seen a converter plug that plugs into the output side of a GE TQ3370 to make it Motorola levels
compatable so it could be possible to go the other way like your asking about.
fineshot1
NJ USA
JohnWayne

Post by JohnWayne »

FYI, the TQ3370 is still available new from the factory for $525 (list) with a 35-day lead time.
MSS-Dave
What radios do you own?: XTL5K, NX300, PD782, Spark Gap

Post by MSS-Dave »

JohnWayne wrote:FYI, the TQ3370 is still available new from the factory for $525 (list) with a 35-day lead time.

Damn, I thought Motorola was overpriced on some of their stuff. $525 for a RIB?
JohnWayne

Post by JohnWayne »

On an apples-for-apples comparison, it's actually cheaper than Motorola. The TQ3370 will flash radios, therefore it's equivalent to Motorola's RLN1015 Smart RIB, which lists for $595.35.

The TQ3310 (non-flash version) has been superseded by the TQ3370, so we don't have a "cheap program-only rib" at this time. Of course, any radios sold in the past several years use ribless cables anyway.

Jeff

Return to “Radio Programming”