MTX810 software

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

central150
What radios do you own?: Too many..

Post by central150 »

I purchased MTX810 software from a MOTOROLA DEALER, and it doesn't seem to be booting up in the DOS section of my laptop. It says LOADING MTX-810 SOFTWARE but does nothing???

Tony
wavetar
Administrator

Post by wavetar »

MTX810 software is pretty old, it doesn't like faster computers very much. How fast is your computer? Are you using an actual DOS partition, or just rebooting in MS-DOS Mode through the Start Menu? If it's not an actual partition, a lot of older RSS won't run properly in the regular Windows MS-DOS Mode. If it's a Win98 computer, find the shortcut under the "C:windows" directory called "MS-DOS Mode for Games with EMS and XMS Support". Double-clicking this will re-boot your computer into a MUCH better DOS emulator, I have yet to find an RSS that won't work with it (yes, even I20R). If it's a Win95 computer, you can copy the shortcut from a Win98 computer & it'll still work fine. Or, you can always get a used 386/486 25MHz and use it for programming, I myself prefer to only carry one laptop around.

Todd
jim

Post by jim »

I didn't think that you could purchase RSS through a dealer????
HOWARD

Post by HOWARD »

You can't. Although several large Motorola dealers that advertise on the internet are doing it and getting away with it.
Howard
central150

Post by central150 »

Todd,

Our station has an old IBM laptop, I dont know the speed, however other software works in the laptop, HT1000, HT600 etc... I think we are the only agency that still uses MTX800 and 810 version of radios...=)
Thanks,
Tony
wavetar
Administrator

Post by wavetar »

So, you already use an old DOS only computer. My best suggestion is to try it in a known 386/486 15-33MHz computer & see what happens. It could be defective software, especially if it didn't come straight from Motorola (the other posters were right that dealers can't legally re-sell the software). This RSS isn't as flakey as some of the others, so you should be able to get it going. It runs on my P-120 just fine, under the Win98 DOS mode I described earlier. BTW, a lot of people still use those radios around here!

Todd
central150

Post by central150 »

Todd,

The laptop we have starts in the DOS mode, it's an older IBM, I don't even know what version of Windows it runs. It runs HT100 and HT600 software fine, but the MTX810 software dsoesn't run. I know the software is not corrupt, because the Motorola Radio Service Tech. used it to program my 810. I tried it on my Compaq Pentium 3 laptop, and after several times of attempting to start it from the DOS mode, it popped up and started. I'm using it straight from the disk, not downloading it to the C: drive, thats how we use the HT600 and MTX8000 software. When I try and accest the software from the A: in the DOS mode, it takes a minute, then the screen says Loading MTX-810 RSS... then never loads...??? I hope all I have to do is use a slower, older DOS computer.

Thanks,
Tony

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”