CentraCom Gold Elite Audio Intermittence

This forum is dedicated to the general computer related issues we all come across on a daily basis, such as e-mail/Internet/Operating System/virus/spyware, etc questions & problems.

As we are primarily a radio discussion group, your mileage may vary on the responses.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

rhicks89
New User

CentraCom Gold Elite Audio Intermittence

Post by rhicks89 »

I have around 25 console across my base and 10 of them are acting up. The transmission indicator will flash in the talk group box but there is no audio, as I stated about its an intermittent problem and its happening only on these 10 consoles. I have checked everything from the console, CEB, COIM, AIMI, and alcatel. I can't find anything blatantly wrong with any of the equipment. I would greatly appreciatte any and all help you can provide. Thanks!!
pgittins
New User

Re: CentraCom Gold Elite Audio Intermittence

Post by pgittins »

Your comments about intermittent audio on particular consoles makes me wonder about a couple possibilities. I will list a few suggestions and you can look them over and see if any of them might apply to you.

if you have more than one AIMI in your CEB you might have a problem where the info stored on the two AIMI cards is out of sync. If this is the case, resetting both AIMI cards simultaneously will help.

It is possible to lose a fraction of a T1 which will result in some peculiar operations possibly similar to what you are describing. If you to lose the top couple channels on the T1 or perhaps the bottom couple channels you would have problems similar to this. I can only guess how many T1's you use between your console banks and your main CEB.

Another way of losing audio is if you have too many audio resource assigned. There is a fixed amount of audio time slots available and when that number is exceeded something has to go. I have seen this happen when too many recording slots are used and it eats into the available slots.

Think of a T1 as a 24 car parking lot. You could 30 assign cars to this parking lot if you like but once 24 cars are parked, the rest are left on the street.

Most of my suggestions apply more to an Embassy system with T1 interconnection. If you do not have this sort of system you might look closely at your CDM and see if it is possible that you have MuxBus conflicts. Again it is the idea of only so many resources available.

Good luck with your search. Sorry I did not see this post sooner, I see you have been tested by this trouble for a while now.

Return to “Computer/Technical Assistance”