CDM1550 password locked, need codeplug

This forum is for discussions regarding all aspects of Motorola radio programming, including hardware, computers, installation and use of RSS/CPS, firmware upgrades, and troubleshooting. There are subforums for discussions of codeplugs, and also for software/firmware release notes and issues.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

kotter
New User

CDM1550 password locked, need codeplug

Post by kotter »

Hello I got a CDM1550 Model #AAM25KKF9AA5AN that has a password engaged I been reading that you can over right the codeplug with a same model codeplug,I have no codeplug for this model and I am new member to this site but have been enjoying it for years. Any help will be great!! THANK YOU
HLA
What radios do you own?: HT1550's, X9000's, CDM1550's

Re: CDM1550 password locked, need codeplug

Post by HLA »

what's it's firmware, newer firmware will want the password before it will overwrite. you're probablly best searching on here for directions on how to find the password in that radio. or where are you located, maybe someone on here is close by that can help you out
HLA
I never check PM's so don't bother, just email me.
I won't reply to a hotmail, gmail, aol or any other generic free address, if you want me to reply use a real address.
STOP ASKING ME FOR SOFTWARE OR FIRMWARE, I JUST FORWARD ALL OF THE REQUESTS TO THE MODERATORS
RADIOMAN2002
What radios do you own?: More than I can count

Post by RADIOMAN2002 »

Actually I think it's the software that determines if you need to put in a password before programming. v6.07 and 6.09 I know didn't 6.10 does. I just tried it. BTW that model number is for a CDM1250, not 1550.
escomm
Queue Moderator

Post by escomm »

RADIOMAN2002 wrote: BTW that model number is for a CDM1250, not 1550.
It's a 1550. A 1250 will be AAM25KHD or AAM25KKD
Jongage
What radios do you own?: Alot of old Motorolas

Post by Jongage »

Yea our radio shop pulled this trick with us by locking the radio. What we did was to create a password with another radio codeplug. Saved it to the hard drive, opened it with hex edit and did a search for the password we just created. When we learned were the password was saved within the codeplug we created, we then opened to locked file and searched in the same location. TA-DA unlocked radio.

We have an ongoing battle with our "City Radio Shop" telling us what stuff can and cant do. Needless to say, we have always won!

-Jon Gage

Return to “Radio Programming”