Motorola XTS 2500I Model III With Horrible Audio on TX

This forum is for discussions regarding all aspects of Motorola radio programming, including hardware, computers, installation and use of RSS/CPS, firmware upgrades, and troubleshooting. There are subforums for discussions of codeplugs, and also for software/firmware release notes and issues.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

madfrenchie
What radios do you own?: PM1500, APX 7000

Motorola XTS 2500I Model III With Horrible Audio on TX

Post by madfrenchie »

Hello,

I recently purchased a Motorola XTS 2500I Model III and have been having some issues with the transmitter audio quality.

The quality of the audio transmitted is what i am having problems with. My voice ends up sounding very low in level with ALOT of bass, of course the louder i place the volume, the louder this soft bassy voice gets. If i use another TX radio with the same RX radio, all sounds great, so i know the issue is with the TXing radio. *Different RX Radios have been tried*

For explanation purposes I will provide you with the radios i used during the test.

Transmitting radio - XTS 2500I
Receiving radio - GP380 <----I have never had any problems with this radio and have tried with other makes / models as receive radio,

I am using a conventional personality set to Wide band. The TX/RX simplex frequency I am using is 151.895
There is no PL codes on TX/RX set at all.

In the radio wide configuration I have tried both ways, with the Automatic Gain checked, as well as it not checked with all zeros. Both configurations had the same result.

I'm thinking its a hardware issue, Unfortunately there is no way for me to get a remote mic to test that out.

So whats my question, is there something in the setting I am missing? I did look at the channel spacing, and set it for 7.5. what other tests can i try, apart from trying to get my hands on a speaker mic, which i can't do.

I do have a 1200 mAh battery instead of the larger 1500 mAh battery they recommend, is it at all possible that this would affect the quality of audio on TX. This radio does a great job of receiving audio! crisp and clear!!

Thank you ahead of time to anyone who can help!
Mfire39
What radios do you own?: APX

Re: Motorola XTS 2500I Model III With Horrible Audio on TX

Post by Mfire39 »

madfrenchie wrote:So whats my question, is there something in the setting I am missing?
Get a complete alignment done on the radio and go from there..

-Marc
Stupidity creates job security!

If your radio has old firmware, programming it with the latest CPS will not add any new features unless you have the latest firmware to match..

CPS = Customer Programming Software, Not CPS Software.
n7maq
What radios do you own?: Mocom 70 w/scan!!

Post by n7maq »

Is your transmit emphasis box checked? If not it should be.

Also I have to second what Marc said on the complete alignment, especially if the radio is a 123ABC1234 unit.

Jim
madfrenchie
What radios do you own?: PM1500, APX 7000

Post by madfrenchie »

n7maq wrote:Is your transmit emphasis box checked? If not it should be.

Also I have to second what Marc said on the complete alignment, especially if the radio is a 123ABC1234 unit.

Jim

Hey, thanx guys for the response,

The problem is i don't have access to the equipment needed to perform an alignment.

The radio is not a 123ABC1234 unit, its a legit unit.

Now as far as the TX Emphasis, I thought that it should only be enabled if the receiving radio is compatible and has the Rx Deemphasis or what not enabled??

Return to “Radio Programming”