Radio Usage Training Material

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

madfrenchie
What radios do you own?: PM1500, APX 7000

Radio Usage Training Material

Post by madfrenchie »

Hello,

This is probably a strange request for this board, but i figured this was the best category to ask. We have been having a lot of problems at our Fire Department with the usage of our two way radio system, and a very bad understand of how our repeater works by members. What I am looking for is to give a training to the department on how to use the radio system, how to properly transmit their message, and try to give them a basic understanding of the system.

Does anyone know of a place where i could pick up some good documentation or power point presentations on the basics of using a two way radio (and i do mean basic, some of these guys talk before ever even keying the mic, thinking the others are going to understand him)

Any help would be appreciated.

thank you!
MT2000 man
What radios do you own?: XTS5000R, Astro Saber III, I

Re: Radio Usage Training Material

Post by MT2000 man »

I know this is probably not what your looking for, but a Fire Department did a You-Tube video about how to use thier department issued XTS5000. It went over the basics on one video, then another video went over the advanced usage (like scrolling through the menus, setting scan lists, etc.).

Here is a you-tube video of how they did the first part ("The basics") -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=trqr4pgKENI

Again, this is NOT my department, just thinking maybe you could put something together like this to help out the members ?
Al

Post by Al »

Motorola published a training CD, very basic, showing operators how to use digital and analog radios effectively. It's not model-specific, but it shows effectively through the use of sound bites what happens and how intelligibility is reduced when the operator uses a portable improperly. I'll look for my copy and get the p/n for you(it's copyrighted material). It's orderable through Motorola training.
resqguy911

Post by resqguy911 »

"Watch the video below to learn how to incorporate best practices and discover the difference intelligible communications can make when lives are on the line."

http://business.motorola.com/publicsafe ... tLoud.html
"TDMA = digital and same great taste, half the bits"
nickburns186

Post by nickburns186 »

I have some great M power point presentations that you can easily customize for your agency. They are on the operation of the XTL/XTS 2500 series and have interactive buttons and sounds. Not quite the basics you are looking for, but useful. PM me frenchie if you are interested.
a1emt

Post by a1emt »

I have a powerpoint that I can send you as well that you could adapt... targeted at the troops on my FD. Used it to train about 110 folks when we transitioned from VHF to 800 TRS.

PM me with your e-mail address.

Jim

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”