Xts300 program troubles

This forum is for discussions regarding all aspects of Motorola radio programming, including hardware, computers, installation and use of RSS/CPS, firmware upgrades, and troubleshooting. There are subforums for discussions of codeplugs, and also for software/firmware release notes and issues.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

Deerenwr14
New User
What radios do you own?: Motorola xts3000 kenwood Tk380

Xts300 program troubles

Post by Deerenwr14 »

Hey everyone im new to this board I was hopeing someone could help me. I bought a used motorola xts3000 portable ive had a couple people try and program it with the newist softwear that's out and its coming up with an error message, Radio failed to acknowledge error context 24, status:c0000386 anyone have any insight on this matter? Thanks Nick
jmr061
was KB9KST

Re: Xts300 program troubles

Post by jmr061 »

A little more info is needed, what version of CPS is being used, what rib/programming setup, what operating system for windows, true serial port or usb to serial, etc?

Jason
akardam

Post by akardam »

Sounds like you're trying to use Astro25 CPS on the radio. You should be using Astro CPS (the latest of which is R05.03.00).
Deerenwr14
New User
What radios do you own?: Motorola xts3000 kenwood Tk380

Post by Deerenwr14 »

The most I know at this time is the softwear version that my friend was trying to use was version R14 so it sounds like that may be the problem but I'll try to get more info about all the other stuff. If thats the case is there anyway to get the right softwear to program the radio?
jmr061
was KB9KST

Post by jmr061 »

Deerenwr14 wrote:The most I know at this time is the softwear version that my friend was trying to use was version R14 so it sounds like that may be the problem but I'll try to get more info about all the other stuff. If thats the case is there anyway to get the right softwear to program the radio?
Yes he is using Astro25 software, not Astro software. My guess would be that he is using an Astro25 portable programming cable as well which is the wrong one. You need a rib and XTS/MTS programming cable.

Jason
Victor Xray

Post by Victor Xray »

Deerenwr14 wrote:If thats the case is there anyway to get the right softwear to program the radio?
http://www.batlabs.com/newbie.html Look under the section Radio Service Software (RSS)

Return to “Radio Programming”