XTS2500 USB read/write giving error but XTL USB works fine?

This forum is for discussions regarding all aspects of Motorola radio programming, including hardware, computers, installation and use of RSS/CPS, firmware upgrades, and troubleshooting. There are subforums for discussions of codeplugs, and also for software/firmware release notes and issues.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

EindhovenOne
What radios do you own?: APX4K, XTS5K, 2500, XPR7550

XTS2500 USB read/write giving error but XTL USB works fine?

Post by EindhovenOne »

Hey, all. I'm working with my new Toughbook CF-31, using the latest revision of the Astro25 Portable & Mobile software, and all OEM USB programming cables. The XTL will read and write with no issue whatsoever but for whatever reason the XTS radios give an error right away when trying to read or write (using a codeplug that I put on the computer). The XTS radios install fine when going through the whole new hardware wizard and it says everything installed properly, but they just go to an error right away. On my old machine (IBM X61, XP SP3), the cable reads and writes the radios without error. The new machine is XP SP3 as well, and I even tried using the driver files that were associated with the XTS radios on the old machine and just moving them over, but still got an error. I do have an OEM serial cable and that works just fine but I would really rather use my USB because it is faster and I just want to not have any issues. I called Motorola and they spent some time with me on the phone checking various settings and whatnot but they and I are stumped. I tried two reinstalls of the software, but that had no positive effect either.

The exact error I get is: "Open Radio Failed - Error Context: 24, Status: c0000344"

:-x
Facta, Non Verba. Saepe Expertus, Semper Fidelis, Fratres Aeterni.
EindhovenOne

Re: XTS2500 USB read/write giving error but XTL USB works fi

Post by EindhovenOne »

Forgot to add, XTS's are all latest FW.
escomm
Queue Moderator

Post by escomm »

uninstall and reinstall the usb device via device manager
Jim202

Post by Jim202 »

The mobile and portable Astro 25 software is not the most stable program on the market. I think that Motorola is not paying much for their software and are getting what they pay for.

I have found that the software doesn't like switching radios. The way around it that seems to work is to reboot the computer before trying to program a different radio.

Jim
EindhovenOne

Post by EindhovenOne »

escomm wrote:uninstall and reinstall the usb device via device manager
No good. Uninstalled and reinstalled every USB device that was there.

Return to “Radio Programming”