Welcome to the new MOL

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

escomm
Queue Moderator

Welcome to the new MOL

Post by escomm »

Check it out.
nrembis
What radios do you own?: HT1k, MT2k, MCS2k, XTS3k

Re: Welcome to the new MOL

Post by nrembis »

Looks good, be even better if they would quit losing my repair requests, lol
FireCpt809
What radios do you own?: Alot..

Post by FireCpt809 »

other than a few page changes ... whats new?
JPOPatents

Post by JPOPatents »

The missing navigation toolbar that is supposed to be across the top is very annoying.
Last edited by JPOPatents on Sat Feb 11, 2012 11:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
-John
escomm
Queue Moderator

Post by escomm »

The background is white as best I can tell. Have you cleared your cache? It appears to be a cosmetic uplift more than anything else
JPOPatents

Post by JPOPatents »

I cleared the cache in IE and the background is now white, but the horizontal navigation bar at the top is missing. The "tutorial" page will no longer load either. Same problem using IE as my browser on a PC or Safari on a Mac; no horizontal navigation bar at the top. There's not much you can do without it either, except read the news on the left of the page.

Ok, I waited several hours and tried it now on 3 different computers, using IE8, IE9, and Safari. Nothing shows up above the blue "change" button next to our company name. There is no grey horizontal navigation bar, no logout section, etc. That part of the page is just non-existent.
-John
jackhackett

Post by jackhackett »

MOL breaks so many rules of good website design it's not even funny. It's made pretty much the same way they make their programming software...

"Hey Bill, we need a website, throw one together"
"But I'm a sales rep, I don't know how to make a website"
"Here's a copy of Microsoft FrontPage... have at it."
radioeng462
No Longer Registered

Post by radioeng462 »

Placed and order, went to submit it the site crashed on my PC. Called them up and they had no record of the order but CC was charged. Moto rep made an internal order so I could get my part. The guy said the site works the best on IE and not Firefox or Chrome. I don't know why they changed it, I liked the way it was before. Like the old saying "If it ain't broke, don't fix it".
JPOPatents

Post by JPOPatents »

I called Motorola this morning and told them that part of the home page was missing when I log on, including the horizontal navigation bar at the top of the page. They logged on to my account and confirmed that the site is broken, at least as far as my account is concerned, and opened a case number. Until it is fixed, I cannot do anything other than read the news at the left of the page.
-John
JPOPatents

Post by JPOPatents »

As of this morning, Motorola has fixed the page errors on the landing page and all is well. Some sort of scripting problem in their code.
-John
MotoFAN
What radios do you own?: Approx. 50: Moto & Kenwood

Post by MotoFAN »

This design change is kidding. It's minor update, not new MOL.
I am biggest fan of XTS2500 and ASTRO Digital Saber.
motorola_otaku

Post by motorola_otaku »

Oh, so I can actually access it now in something other than IE?

*checks*

Still have to disable/allow in NoScript but it will load in Firefox now. Doesn't even complain about HTTP referrers being blocked.

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”