CDM 1550 Scan Button

This forum is for discussions regarding all aspects of Motorola radio programming, including hardware, computers, installation and use of RSS/CPS, firmware upgrades, and troubleshooting. There are subforums for discussions of codeplugs, and also for software/firmware release notes and issues.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

WCHija
What radios do you own?: XPR 7550 & XPR 5550

CDM 1550 Scan Button

Post by WCHija »

I cant remember how to designate a button to start conventional scan. I have scan lists, I have personalities that poiont to a particular scan list, I have channels in the scan list. I cant get CPS to let me designate a button to start scan. I can only find scan list edit. I checked every button.

Your help is appreciated.
Semper Fidelis

Some Cops are Perfect, the rest ride in patrol cars!
Jim202

Re: CDM 1550 Scan Button

Post by Jim202 »

WCHija wrote:I cant remember how to designate a button to start conventional scan. I have scan lists, I have personalities that poiont to a particular scan list, I have channels in the scan list. I cant get CPS to let me designate a button to start scan. I can only find scan list edit. I checked every button.

Your help is appreciated.

Your going to make me start up the software to walk you through it. I program so many different radios, that I don't want to even try to give you directions from memory.

OK, you need to make your scan list, assign them in the personality and then make sure the mic is hung up in a grounded clip. The back of the mic needs to be grounded for the radio to go into scan. There is no programmable button that gets set to the scan function.

Jim
Lake Effect

Post by Lake Effect »

Mine says "Toggle system scan on/off"

L.E.
fineshot1

Post by fineshot1 »

Lake Effect wrote:Mine says "Toggle system scan on/off"

L.E.
x2 - same with mine.
fineshot1
NJ USA
SteveC0625
What radios do you own?: CDM's, CP's, CM's, and more

Post by SteveC0625 »

Load the code plug or read the radio.

In the tree view, Controls & Menus ---> Conventional Buttons ----> P1 (or whichever) ---> and select Toggle System Scan On/Off from the Short Press dropdowns. It is not a choice in the Long Press dropdowns.

Each personality that you might want to scan has to have a Scan List selected, and then in the Scan section, the personality has to be assigned to a Scan List.

In Configuration ---> Scan tab, you'll want to decide if taking the mic off hook disables scan or not.

In Configuration ---> Basic tab, decide if you want mic off hook to disable RX PL or not.
WCHija

Post by WCHija »

Thanks for the replys, now I have it.
Semper Fidelis

Bill_G

Post by Bill_G »

Yeah - it's under T for toggle, and not S for scan. I've been through the same thing. I also found out you cannot have the toggle scan on/off and the Select function (for editing user lists) assigned to the same button. They have to be on physically different buttons.
WCHija

Post by WCHija »

Odd deal with scan. all fixed now, thanks to those who helped.
Semper Fidelis

Return to “Radio Programming”