Internet Control for Conventional MotoTRBO XPR

Moderator: Queue Moderator

ASTROMODAT

Internet Control for Conventional MotoTRBO XPR

Post by ASTROMODAT »

Like some other Hams have already done, I am going to put a UHF MotoTRBO repeater up for Amateur radio use (either an XPR or MTR3000). Heck, the street price of an XPR is well below the cost of a dstar repeater (with its mandatory controller). Initially, I will run it in analog FM, of course, to comply with FCC. But, if FCC approves TDMA for Ham use, I will enable it as such. In the digital TDMA conventional mode, is there a way to control the XPR repeater via the Internet, using its Ethernet port? If so, has anyone done this? I'm referring to very basic repeater control things, like the ability to shut it off via an Internet connection, if there is interference jamming, etc. We have high speed Internet service at the site. Otherwise, I will have to succumb to Icom, and out up a dstar machine.

Thanks for any help!
wavetar
Administrator

Re: Internet Control for Conventional MotoTRBO XPR

Post by wavetar »

The Motorola freely supplied MotoTRBO RDAC (repeater diagnostics and control) allow for remote monitoring, and you can disable and re-boot the repeater with it as well.

Beyond that, you can also pay for the IP programming option and program the repeater over the network connection as well, if desired.
No trees were harmed in the posting of this message...however an extraordinarily large number of electrons were horribly inconvenienced.

Welcome to the /\/\achine.
ASTROMODAT

Post by ASTROMODAT »

Thanks for the heads up. I will check out the RDAC.
KB2ZTX
was jsikora

Post by KB2ZTX »

ASTROMODAT wrote:Like some other Hams have already done, I am going to put a UHF MotoTRBO repeater up for Amateur radio use (either an XPR or MTR3000). Heck, the street price of an XPR is well below the cost of a dstar repeater (with its mandatory controller). Initially, I will run it in analog FM, of course, to comply with FCC. But, if FCC approves TDMA for Ham use, I will enable it as such. In the digital TDMA conventional mode, is there a way to control the XPR repeater via the Internet, using its Ethernet port? If so, has anyone done this? I'm referring to very basic repeater control things, like the ability to shut it off via an Internet connection, if there is interference jamming, etc. We have high speed Internet service at the site. Otherwise, I will have to succumb to Icom, and out up a dstar machine.

Thanks for any help!
If you havent checked this out - http://www.dmr-marc.net/ you may want to. Pretty in depth network that Motorola is involved in all over the world...
KB2ZTX

Return to “MotoTRBO Portables and Mobiles (4xxx/6xxx) 1.0 Series Subscribers”