XTS2500

This forum is for discussions regarding all aspects of Motorola radio programming, including hardware, computers, installation and use of RSS/CPS, firmware upgrades, and troubleshooting. There are subforums for discussions of codeplugs, and also for software/firmware release notes and issues.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

medicnurse
What radios do you own?: XTL5000;XTL2500,XTS5000,

XTS2500

Post by medicnurse »

I have a xts 2500 that was bricked due to power loss during programing. It had FFP as an option prior to going to the depot to be repaired. When the radio is read this option appears in the feature set, but will not show on the display after you wrote to the radio. How do I get this feature back? I have my Ham license and use the radio for 2 meters while traveling.
MTS2000des
What radios do you own?: XTS2500, XTS5000, and MTS2000

Re: XTS2500

Post by MTS2000des »

medicnurse wrote:I have a xts 2500 that was bricked due to power loss during programing. It had FFP as an option prior to going to the depot to be repaired. When the radio is read this option appears in the feature set, but will not show on the display after you wrote to the radio. How do I get this feature back? I have my Ham license and use the radio for 2 meters while traveling.
Post the flashcode, it sounds like a whoreflash. You have to have both Q52 and Q53 to have true FPP.
The views here are my own and do not represent those of anyone else or the company, the boss, his wife, his dog or distant relatives.
spectragod
What radios do you own?: FPP 6 meter XTL 5K's

Post by spectragod »

Unless you have Fed Govt. Creds, M won't let you have it.
Kilgore: Smell that? You smell that?
Lance: What?
Kilgore: Napalm, son. Nothing in the world smells like that.
Kilgore: I love the smell of napalm in the morning. You know, one time we had a hill bombed, for 12 hours. When it was all over, I walked up. We didn't find one of 'em, not one stinkin' dink body. The smell, you know that gasoline smell, the whole hill. Smelled like... victory. Someday this war's gonna end...

Post by medicnurse »

flash code is
560001-001305-2

feature set is that is directly off the Radio information screen
Q811 P25 digital conventional
H869-multikey
Q52 Federal government front panel programing enhancement
Q947- packet data interface
Q53-FCC Conventional Front Panel program and radio cloning
Q667-ADP Encryption Software DSP Base only
Q445 Fireground Accountability Software
JPOPatents

Post by JPOPatents »

spectragod wrote:Unless you have Fed Govt. Creds, M won't let you have it.
Well, that's not exactly correct. I sent my VHF XTS2500 with FPP to the depot for service, and it came back fully operational with the same codeplug and features. No questions asked. The depot even added tags to the radio (it was sent without tags).
-John
medicnurse

Post by medicnurse »

Well i have the found the problem. The original flashcode and the current do no match
the current flash code is
140001-000100-2
P25
multi key
just a q53 nothing else . Over Half of the original feature set is GONE!!!!
How do I fix it
JPOPatents

Post by JPOPatents »

Call Motorola, tell them what happened, and ask them to authorize a free trip back to the depot for correction.

Did Motorola flash the radio back to the FC shown on the tags? If so, and you don't have proof of the FC in the radio when you sent it for repair, you may be out of luck getting Motorola to fix the problem. You may run into the same problem if the radio was tagless and Motorola flashed it back to the FC in the radio when it was first sold (based on serial number).

If Motorola can't/won't help, then the only legitmate fix is to buy the missing options and reflash. But, it's unlikely that you will be able to buy Q52 - that's a federal government option.
-John
medicnurse

Post by medicnurse »

the FC tag and the Radio match however I have a read of the radio both pre and post "bricking". Do you think that is enough proof. serial and model numbers are the same on both co-plugs.
MTS2000des
What radios do you own?: XTS2500, XTS5000, and MTS2000

Post by MTS2000des »

it's your word against theirs. FWIW, Q52 and Q53 combinations were only sold to NTIA/FED customers, if the tags are actual OEM (and not some hacked crap someone made and then pushed a whoreflash to the radio), than you have a case for the wrong flash being put into your radio by the depot.

Otherwise, you're going to have to find another method of recovering your flashcode.
The views here are my own and do not represent those of anyone else or the company, the boss, his wife, his dog or distant relatives.
JPOPatents

Post by JPOPatents »

medicnurse wrote:the FC tag and the Radio match however I have a read of the radio both pre and post "bricking". Do you think that is enough proof. serial and model numbers are the same on both co-plugs.
Ok, so it sounds like the depot didn't know that the FC had been changed, and they flashed the radio to match the tags. That's what I would expect to happen unless you told them that your radio had been flashed. You actually might have been better off if the radio didn't have tags; then the depot would probably would have used the FC in the radio. Water under the bridge.

It doesn't cost anything to call Motorola, lick their feet, and ask for mercy. Tell them that your radio had been flashed, the tags had the old flash, the radio came back with the flash on the tags instead of what was actually in the radio. Stay focused on "the depot made a mistake" and "I paid $400 for a repair", and don't let them sidetrack you with anything else.
-John
firecomm
was Fire4117

Post by firecomm »

medicnurse wrote:I have a xts 2500 that was bricked due to power loss during programing. It had FFP as an option prior to going to the depot to be repaired. When the radio is read this option appears in the feature set, but will not show on the display after you wrote to the radio. How do I get this feature back? I have my Ham license and use the radio for 2 meters while traveling.
Basic troubleshooting here, did you check to make sure it's selected in the menu??
firecomm
was Fire4117

Post by firecomm »

Disregard my previous post, I missed the OP's updated FC in a later post.
radioeng462
No Longer Registered

Post by radioeng462 »

FPP is for Government use only!! Sorry..

Return to “Radio Programming”