bearcom bc-130 & 120

This forum is for discussions regarding all aspects of Motorola radio programming, including hardware, computers, installation and use of RSS/CPS, firmware upgrades, and troubleshooting. There are subforums for discussions of codeplugs, and also for software/firmware release notes and issues.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

CircleBat

bearcom bc-130 & 120

Post by CircleBat »

Does anyone know if the Bearcom BC-130 software can program the BC-120 or is it both a different software? Bought a few of BC-130 and can't program these with the BPR-40 software... I know the BC-130 is the same as the BPR40 radio.. Also the same idea with the CP125 and the Bearcom BC-120..

CircleBat
guy being a guy
On Moderation

Re: bearcom bc-130 & 120

Post by guy being a guy »

I used to work at Bearcom as a technician.............
No BC130 can NOT program a BC120. The BC120 was specifically made for Bearcom and has it's own software for only that radio. It's a darn good radio truth be told. Just an FYI - if narrowbanding it ..........If all is well at 25kc and you change to 12.5 then all the sudden the green light is lit and the squelch noise is all messed up you have a bad discriminator audio filter. Been seeing it a lot during this narrowbanding transistion.
OK , BC130 programming .........You need to use Motorola's " Mag one" software.
I know they have the BPR40 , the Bearcom BC130 and then Motorolas Mag One ............Parts wise they are all the exact same radio ! I had all 3 loaded on my laptop and never paid attention until I relabled the shortcut icon to assist my puny little brain :)
Last the CP125 and BC120 question...............Nope, Motorola software guys made it where the software is different. I'm guessing Bearcom asked Motorola to do this.
KE7JFF
What radios do you own?: MX300 lunchbox

Post by KE7JFF »

I have a pair of BC120 portables and actually, you don't need special software from Bearcom as they think...you use Business Portable CPS, RVN-4196C. All they is are rebadged VL130 radios.
Mountain Wave Search & Rescue http://www.mwave.org
Support Search & Rescue: Get Lost!
CircleBat

Post by CircleBat »

I've used CP125 adn BPR40 software and still can't program these radios.. I think its the same software, but different firmware in it.. really pissing me off here

CircleBat
wavetar
Administrator

Post by wavetar »

It appears you were given the proper CPS part# by a member back in Nov 2011. A search I performed on the part# on MOL shows it is listed as the BC130 CPS.

http://batboard.batlabs.com/viewtopic.p ... ilit=bpr40
No trees were harmed in the posting of this message...however an extraordinarily large number of electrons were horribly inconvenienced.

Welcome to the /\/\achine.

Return to “Radio Programming”