XTS2500 new model number look out!

This forum is dedicated to discussions pertaining specifically to the Motorola ASTRO line of radios (those that use VSELP/IMBE/AMBE), including using digital modulation, digital programming, FlashPort upgrades, etc. If you have general questions please use the General or Programming forums.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

Kemoc

XTS2500 new model number look out!

Post by Kemoc »

XTS2500 Model number has changed an to bn and you cannot clone from one to the other. SUCKS, SUCKS, SUCKS. You make templates for all the police and fire in a county And now you have to drag and drop in this flaky software and go over and over it cause something strange going on there! PISS OFF! :evil:
spectragod
What radios do you own?: FPP 6 meter XTL 5K's

Post by spectragod »

Maybe...... if you didn't have all the personalities loaded into the CP..........HMMMMMMMMM

SG
akardam

Post by akardam »

I've found the current revisions of Astro and Astro25 CPS quite stable and usable. I can generally drag-n-drop a codeplug from one radio to another in about 5 minutes, a bit more if there's a large number of personalities. And if something fails, the drag-n-drop report will tell you precisely what failed.

So what's the problem, again?
mancow
Batboard $upporter

Re: XTS2500 new model number look out!

Post by mancow »

Kemoc wrote:XTS2500 Model number has changed an to bn and you cannot clone from one to the other. SUCKS, SUCKS, SUCKS. You make templates for all the police and fire in a county And now you have to drag and drop in this flaky software and go over and over it cause something strange going on there! PISS OFF! :evil:

Haaa....sorry but you gotta admit it was a funny post.

You got to tell us more man. What exactly is the problem. What errors are reported. It is frustrating at times but more often than not it's something simple that is easily overlooked with all the tabs going on.
Kemoc

Post by Kemoc »

I saw I had never came back to this post and I apologize. We found they had different feature sets. They had bought ADP.
Sorry for the rave. Sometimes you just want to KILL KILL KILL :-)
Mfire39
What radios do you own?: APX

Post by Mfire39 »

Kemoc wrote:I saw I had never came back to this post and I apologize.
Ahh, it's only been 7 years... Better late than never right.. :lol:
Stupidity creates job security!

If your radio has old firmware, programming it with the latest CPS will not add any new features unless you have the latest firmware to match..

CPS = Customer Programming Software, Not CPS Software.
spectragod
What radios do you own?: FPP 6 meter XTL 5K's

Post by spectragod »

Kemoc wrote:I saw I had never came back to this post and I apologize. We found they had different feature sets. They had bought ADP.
Top node drag and drop, not a real issue.
Kilgore: Smell that? You smell that?
Lance: What?
Kilgore: Napalm, son. Nothing in the world smells like that.
Kilgore: I love the smell of napalm in the morning. You know, one time we had a hill bombed, for 12 hours. When it was all over, I walked up. We didn't find one of 'em, not one stinkin' dink body. The smell, you know that gasoline smell, the whole hill. Smelled like... victory. Someday this war's gonna end...

Post by tvsjr »

Kemoc wrote:I saw I had never came back to this post and I apologize. We found they had different feature sets. They had bought ADP.
By the way, ADP had nothing to do with it. The BN suffix radios have 8MB vocons... ANs are 4MB. That's the reason for the model change.

Return to “Legacy Batboard Motorola ASTRO (VSELP/IMBE/AMBE) Equipment Forum”