VRS750 Reliability

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

NSPD
What radios do you own?: Motorola FR50!

VRS750 Reliability

Post by NSPD »

I have a UHF VRS750 attached to an VHF XTL5000 O5. I have noticed when the VRS is active that there is a significant delay between when I key up on my portable and when the VRS either keys the radio or steers the radio to the correct channel and keys up. On some channels, it does not do either even though the tones and steering are set up correctly. There seems to be no rhyme or reason to the delays either. Receive works perfectly.

Has anyone experienced this before that might have some insight on what I can do to correct it? FWIW, I am using an XPR7550 and an XTS5000 with it.
Jake
dbusse
What radios do you own?: XTL, XTS, Saber, Spectra, MTS2

Re: VRS750 Reliability

Post by dbusse »

Jake-

Similar problems here. I'm suspicious that the Ht750 inside the VRS may have drifted a tad. I reprogrammed to wideband and things worked a lot better. I just have not made the cable to do the VRS750 alignment. If it fixe things I'll advise accordingly.

Dan
Will

Post by Will »

If you you use channel steering there may be a big delay.

Also check ALL the alignment and calibration in the VRS radio.
NSPD
What radios do you own?: Motorola FR50!

Post by NSPD »

Yep.. I am using channel steering.

I am now leaning more towards an issue with the XPR7550 rather than the VRS750. I programmed the channels into my XTS5000 and it works perfectly with that radio, but it has recently been aligned.
Jake
Richard Collier

Post by Richard Collier »

I have XTS 5000R and a VRS750 and never had any issues,even with channel steering.

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”