APX6000 unbalanced audio

This forum is for discussions regarding all aspects of Motorola radio programming, including hardware, computers, installation and use of RSS/CPS, firmware upgrades, and troubleshooting. There are subforums for discussions of codeplugs, and also for software/firmware release notes and issues.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

REC1646
New User

APX6000 unbalanced audio

Post by REC1646 »

I have a problem with the APX6000. When you attach a speaker mic, the audio coming from the speaker mic is much louder than the internal speaker was. The volume cannot be turned down to a comfortable level while the speaker mic is attached. We cannot find a setting in the CPS to fix this. Any hints? Thanks!
sjxts3000
No Longer Registered

Re: APX6000 unbalanced audio

Post by sjxts3000 »

Welcome to the forums!

For starters, the APX6000 internal speaker is 500 mW....so it's not that loud unless you crank up the volume. You didn't mention the model of RSM you attached to the radio and some of them have 1000 mW speakers in them (i.e. XE RSM, XP RSM, etc). So that will account for louder audio from the RSM.

Now as for the min/max audio levels on the RSM, the settings in CPS are under "Radio Ergonomics Configuration --> Radio Profiles"...then choose the profile you're using (usually: "Default"). The "Audio Settings" section has the volume control min/max.
REC1646
New User

Re: APX6000 unbalanced audio

Post by REC1646 »

We have tried different RSM's and different code plugs in different radios. In Radio Ergonomics --> Radio Profiles --> there is a setting for 1 audio level. Since we have 2 different audio levels, I was hoping to find a way to balance the 2. Just grasping at straws to see if anyone else had the issue and if they found a solution.

Return to “Radio Programming”