MCS2000 Tuning software hack

Share your enhancements here! Examples are out of band, scan list increases, other general trickery. What is not permitted is the discussion regarding adding features (aka flash options) which you can still purchase from Motorola for current subscriber products including discussion regarding Depot on current products.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

Forum rules
Share your enhancements here! Examples are out of band, scan list increases, other general trickery. What is not permitted is the discussion regarding adding features (aka flash options) which you can still purchase from Motorola for current subscriber products including discussion regarding Depot on current products.
Geoff_R
New User

MCS2000 Tuning software hack

Post by Geoff_R »

I was wondering if anyone knows the setup and the cmds to directly send and retrieve data from an MCS2000 like the CPS tuning software does? IE- Send terminal commands to the COM port via the RIB.

My intended project is to use a MCS2000 and put it into a test mode so I can record RSSI and BER values while I'm doing a drive test.

Currently I've created a Python program that gathers GPS data and pulls the RSSI voltage level from pin 22 while the radio sits on a single channel. I'd much rather have the ability to use Motorola's built in functions to give me better data.

Any help would be great.

Return to “Experimental - How to do things a little out of the box”