CDR repeater with ZR310 repeater panel

This forum is for discussions regarding all aspects of Motorola radio programming, including hardware, computers, installation and use of RSS/CPS, firmware upgrades, and troubleshooting. There are subforums for discussions of codeplugs, and also for software/firmware release notes and issues.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

19SargeUSMC56
New User

CDR repeater with ZR310 repeater panel

Post by 19SargeUSMC56 »

I found programming instructions online for this ZR310, but can't seem to make this box do what it needs to do.

Anyone got some chops programming one of these panels? I want the BSID to go out without CTCSS. The tx radio is programmed for TX CDCSS, but I can't seem to figure out how to make the panel generate the cdcss and get it to broadcast the BSID without it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

TY

Semper Fi
motorola_otaku

Re: CDR repeater with ZR310 repeater panel

Post by motorola_otaku »

Late reply but it is not physically possible to do PL-stripped CW ID with the setup you have. The controller has no way of telling the radio to not encode its transmit tone, and the radio has no way of enabling/disabling tone transmit from rear accessory connector logic. Sorry.

To do PL-stripped CW ID you need a real repeater (Quantar, GTR, SLR, TKR-x40/x50, etc.)

Return to “Radio Programming”