Legacy EFJ 5100s and AES encryption?

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

WaveRunner1
New User

Legacy EFJ 5100s and AES encryption?

Post by WaveRunner1 »

Hey all,
Some months back I purchased a couple of legacy EFJ 5100s (VHF) from a well-known EFJ seller on ebay. I was only able to give the radios a brief, cursory look-over at the time as I was going out-of-state for some months. I've recently had a chance to examine them more thoroughly. The radios are running FW 1.18.15. Compared to Moto, I know little about EFJ. My question: is it even possible for a 5100 with FW 1.18.15 to be loaded with AES keys? Because they were specifically and explicitly sold to me under that context. I think I already know the answer, but want to double-check with the more EFJ knowledgeable here. Thanks.
_
WaveRunner. Member since 2008 with a forgotten password.
WaveRunner1
New User

Re: Legacy EFJ 5100s and AES encryption?

Post by WaveRunner1 »

Radio model # 242-5113-310-BA
_
WaveRunner. Member since 2008 with a forgotten password.
n3obl

Post by n3obl »

I believe you need ver 4 radios to have AES capabilities.
35-K9-1
What radios do you own?: XG-100F, VP900, VP600, APX7K

Post by 35-K9-1 »

It should say in the PCC software what encryption options are enabled. Under the main menu there should be an option to "Read Radio Configuration" or something to that effect. There should be check boxes next to different options.

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”