MTX 838 ROM Error

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

Estacaco
New User

MTX 838 ROM Error

Post by Estacaco »

Hello, I have recently acquired an MTX 838 (136-178mhz) with 6 digit display with 99 channels and continuous rotary dial. The radio works great...if you boot it up cold. It will continue to work till you power cycle the radio. Once the radio has been on and had a chance to "warm up" it will come up with F01/81(External ROM/Flash checksum error). If I let the radio sit and cool down (or accelerate the process with external cold) It will boot up again no problem and continue to function till rebooted. Is there something that can be done to remedy this or am I stuck looking for a new control board? I swapped control boards from an MTX838 with 16 channel capacity and no display but you lose all the fancy functions like display and 99 channel.

Thanks for any help.

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”