R2001B / R2002B

This forum exists for the purposes for discussing service monitors (This includes but is not limited to Motorola, HP, Aeroflex, GD, etc). Additional topics allowed include test procedures, interpretation of test results, where to find information about specific tests, antenna VSWR, return loss testing, duplexer and filter alignment, etc.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

triokenwood
New User

R2001B / R2002B

Post by triokenwood »

Hi all I am not very sure if this is the correct place to put this post, but here goes anyway. I have been successfully in rejuvenating of the Telefunken tubes in these machines. I was using a BK Precision Tube Restorer with a little mod. I have pictures of before and after, I also have the original service manual.

I repaired one just recently that was stone dead apart from the AC led and oven ready led on, this turned out to be a through board hole which connects Inductor L102 Terminal E5 to the collectors of Q104,Q103 dry jointed. Its not visible from the top of the machine you will have to remove the PSU to repair this one. The unit in question is A1A1.

hope this helps some of you

I currently have two of these machines, I also have pictures of before and after

Kind Regards Bill

Return to “Test Equipment & RF Equipment Alignment”