Maxtrac Initialization - why regular RSS, but not LAB

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

MotoFAN
What radios do you own?: Approx. 50: Moto & Kenwood

Maxtrac Initialization - why regular RSS, but not LAB

Post by MotoFAN »

Hi all!

Who can explain me, why RB's articles always suggest using regular RSS for Maxtrac initialization but not LAB RSS? LAB RSS can do init as well, and I did it a few times with no issues. Moreover, LAB allows to initialize radio with tuning data preserve (F3) if you're doing everything during one session. It allows you to save a lot of time on entering tuning values (you no need to do that).

I know that radio database in LAB RSS is a bit smaller, but offers most popular configurations including Maxtrac and Radius.

So, why regular RSS? :o
I am biggest fan of XTS2500 and ASTRO Digital Saber.
MotoFAN
What radios do you own?: Approx. 50: Moto & Kenwood

Re: Maxtrac Initialization - why regular RSS, but not LAB

Post by MotoFAN »

Could the reason be in possibility to enter Crystal Data, Tuning Data and Pin1 Voltage when you use regular RSS? When you use RSS LAB and perform write with tuning preserve (F3), you don't see any alignment screens. But I think that it keep it well.
I am biggest fan of XTS2500 and ASTRO Digital Saber.

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”