Connect Plus radios

Moderator: Queue Moderator

tdats
What radios do you own?: Mostly Motorola

Connect Plus radios

Post by tdats »

Does anyone other than M make radios that will work on a Connect Plus radio system? We are unhappy with the discontinuation of the 6550 portables and not happy with how connect plus is implemented in the 7550 portables. (For the people that did not know, Connect Plus requires option card programming in the M radios and separate software to do this programming, not the normal radio software) Unfortunately in my case, system wise we are stuck with the connect plus infrastructure at the moment. To save chatter here, I have posts in the Trbo Subscriber 2.0 radios thread with our issues with the 7550 radios.
Thanks!
d119

Re: Connect Plus radios

Post by d119 »

As far as I know, Connect Plus is a Motorola proprietary DMR implementation, thus no other manufacturers make radios for it. I could be wrong, but I don't think I am.
com501
What radios do you own?: Over 50 - All Motorola

Post by com501 »

d119 is correct. Single source.
tdats

Post by tdats »

yeah, I have come to the same conclusion too. Thanks!
Andy Brinkley
Batboard $upporter
What radios do you own?: FMR80D and a Motrac with Scan

Post by Andy Brinkley »

Now would be a good time to look at transitioning to some other brand / format, Mother M just sent out a notification of cancellation on the Connect Plus line of radios / infrastructure.
Andy / NC4AB
tdats

Post by tdats »

I just found that on MOL.... I guess I'll be having a chat with the owner of the system we are using in the next couple of days. Thanks for all the feedback!
jsilberberg

Post by jsilberberg »

The migration path is Capacity Max. In fact there is now a Connect Plus / Capacity Max bridge to assist in migration.

But when you look at the costs I suspect it will be some number of years before the large "carriers" make the move --

An I believe M has a ten year support plan for these systems. Although that may be off by a few years plus or minus.
J. Silberberg
CompuDesigns, Inc.
Atlanta, GA.

Return to “MotoTRBO Repeaters, Trunking, and Site Infrastructure”